Your home for a lifetime of coordinated care.
Our extensive network of providers and primary care clinics
means you have world-class care right in your neighborhood.
Family medicine, pediatric care, internal medicine,
senior health—you’ll find the specialty for you and your family.
We accept most insurance plans.
What is a primary care physician?
A primary care physician is a doctor of medicine or osteopathy who specializes in family medicine, pediatric care, internal medicine, or senior health. In addition, our physician assistants and nurse practitioners are part of your primary care team.
Your partner in health
Your primary care provider is the person you choose to be your partner in health—be it for regular, preventive care or as your first contact for any medical problem or mental health concern that may arise. Your primary care physician also coordinates any other care you need, such as a visit to a specialist or hospitalization.
Your primary care provider can diagnose and treat many
health-related conditions, including:
In addition, seeing your primary care provider for an annual physical can help you maintain your health.
When it can’t wait for your provider
If you have suffered a serious injury or have symptoms of a serious condition such as chest pains, difficulty breathing, severe abdominal pain, or have a possible emergency, you need to seek emergency care or call 911 right away.
Family medicine vs. internal medicine
A family physician is trained to treat the health care needs of men, women and children of all ages throughout their lives. Family physicians provide a wide range of health services, including preventive care, obstetrics, routine gynecological care and pediatric services, as well as care for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
Internal medicine physicians, also known as internists, are trained specifically to care for adults 18 and older. This includes both healthy individuals as well as those who have complex medical issues, such as heart disease.
Integrating behavioral health into primary care
We’re committed to increasing access to behavioral health care services for all our patients. That’s why we’re integrating behavioral health into our primary care clinics. Licensed clinical social workers, psychologists or other behavioral health care specialists will work alongside your primary care provider to offer immediate resources to existing patients with mental health concerns.
Some primary care locations are already offering behavioral health services, with plans to integrate these important resources into most UCHealth primary care clinics in the coming months.
Behavioral health services are integrated into the following clinics:
- UCHealth Family Medicine – Boulder
- UCHealth Primary Care – Fontanero
- UCHealth Family Medicine – Littleton
- UCHealth Internal Medicine – Longmont
- UCHealth Family Medicine – Longmont
- UCHealth A.F. Williams Family Medicine – Stapleton
- UCHealth Family Medicine – Westminster
- UCHealth Seniors Clinic – Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Primary Care – Lone Tree
- UCHealth Women Integrated Services in Health – Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Internal Medicine – Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Internal Medicine – Lowry
UCHealth Primary Care offers same-day sports physicals at select locations throughout the Front Range.
Schedule your next appointment online, anytime.
Get instant access to everything you need to take charge of your health, including online scheduling, no matter where you are, with the free UCHealth App and My Health Connection.
- Allows you to schedule appointments online, 24/7.
- Spend less time on the phone and more time doing the things you love.
- Gain peace of mind that your appointment schedule is always up to date.
- Select from many of your local UCHealth health care providers.
- View your appointment calendar from the office, home or anywhere.
- Prevent missed and late appointments.
- View health care providers’ availability instantly.
Get started today. Download the UCHealth App by searching “UCHealth” in app stores or log in to My Health Connection.