Manager, Public Relations, Media Relations Specialist
Media Relations Specialist
Marketing inquiries: Send to Brand and Advertising team, Brand@uchealth.org
Request to photograph or film
- Any requests to photograph or film activities, surgeries, patients or buildings at any UCHealth facility must be approved prior to your arrival.
- Please note that permission is not automatically granted for educational filming, even for University of Colorado Denver events.
- To obtain permission, submit this form at least one week in advance of your planned visit.
UCHealth is a nationally recognized, nonprofit network of 12 acute care hospitals and more than 150 clinics throughout Colorado, southern Wyoming and western Nebraska. With University of Colorado Hospital as its academic anchor, UCHealth is uniquely able to provide advanced treatments and innovative clinical trials, ensuring excellent care and outcomes for more than 1.6 million unique patients each year. UCHealth’s mission is to improve the lives of people in Colorado and beyond, and in fiscal year 2018, UCHealth spent $854 million on financial assistance, subsidized care and other areas to directly benefit patients and the communities it serves.
U.S. News & World Report has named University of Colorado Hospital as the best hospital in Colorado. The American Nurses Credentialing Center has awarded Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies and University of Colorado Hospital with multiple Magnet designations, representing the highest quality nursing. With a constant focus on quality and safety, including minimizing patient falls, hospital-acquired infections, readmissions and other risks, UCHealth hospitals rank among the top 10 percent of facilities nationwide according to Vizient (previously called University HealthSystem Consortium).
The UCHealth Medical Group directly employs more than 800 providers, and our partners at the University of Colorado School of Medicine employ an additional 2,800 providers. Thousands more physicians and advanced practice providers are affiliated with UCHealth and have privileges to practice at our community hospitals.
The difference between University of Colorado Hospital and the University of Colorado. Despite the similarity in our names, the hospital and the university are legally and financially separate organizations. The hospital itself gets no direct state general fund support.
As part of its commitment to health and wellness, UCHealth publishes an array of news items in UCHealth Today.
Request for a patient's condition
UCHealth’s top priority is always the care, safety and privacy of our patients and their families. We follow all HIPAA laws and guidelines that limit the amount of patient information we may release without written consent from a patient or authorized patient representative.
Information cannot be provided about a patient’s illness, injuries or care without written consent. When asking for an admitted patient’s condition, the patient’s full name must be provided, and a condition can only be provided for patients who are listed in the hospital’s directory. No information can be provided for patients who request to not be listed in the directory.
When available, patients’ conditions are provided using standard language acceptable under HIPAA laws and American Hospital Association guidelines:
- Undetermined: The patient is still awaiting evaluation by a physician and his or her condition is not yet available.
- Good: Patient is conscious and comfortable. Vital signs are stable and normal. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Patient is conscious with minor complications. Vitals signs are stable and normal. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Patient is acutely ill; indicators are questionable. Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits.
- Critical: Patient is acutely ill with major complications. Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious; indicators are unfavorable.
- Deceased: In most cases, confirmation of a death must come from a coroner or law enforcement agency.