One call gives you access to any UCHealth hospital:
- Broomfield Hospital
- Grandview Hospital
- Longs Peak Hospital
- Medical Center of the Rockies
- Memorial Central Hospital
- Memorial North Hospital
- Poudre Valley Hospital
- University of Colorado Hospital
- Yampa Valley Medical Center
UCHealth’s DocLine is staffed with registered nurses who are available 24/7 to assist and facilitate all phases of transfer and consultation, including physician-to-physician contact, registration, bed assignment, facilitation of patient transport, and RN-to-RN reporting.
Refer your patient now
For internal referrals, please use EPIC.
Additional referral information
CU Cancer Center Community Engagement Program
Memorial Hospital: Surgery consent form (PDF)
Memorial Hospital: Surgery consent form, Spanish (PDF)
Women’s Care Center Triage – Transfer of Care to University of Colorado Hospital
CU SOM Department of Surgery, educational video resources for referring MDs
Epic Provider Connection (read-only web portal access)
For referring providers and offices that are existing users
Questions? Email ProviderConnection@uchealth.org
Epic is a fully integrated, CMS-certified electronic medical record (EMR) system and is the most widely used EMR in the U.S. To date, more than 50 percent of the U.S. population have their medical records in Epic. More than 1,800 of our physicians throughout Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska utilize UCHealth’s shared ambulatory patient record in Epic.
Epic modules include:
- Registration (Prelude)
- Appointment Scheduling (Cadence)
- Electronic Insurance Eligibility (Emdeon)
- Patient Appointment Reminder
- Professional Billing (Resolute)
- Patient Record Management (EpicCare Ambulatory)
- E-Prescribing (Surescripts)
- Patient Web Portal (My Health Connection)
- Smartphone Application (Haiku)
- Tablet Application (Canto)
- Clearing House
- (Partial Dictation)
- Subscription for access and data submission to CORHIO
What are the benefits of Epic?
- Fully integrated system, single patient record shared across hospital and outpatient environments
- Leverages best practice models from leading institutions
- Comprehensive suite of modules with continued expansion and regular upgrades and improvements
- Ranked #1 by KLAS
(KLAS is an independent and impartial healthcare technology rating company, similar to Consumer Reports or JD Power and Associates for healthcare IT.)
- Meaningful use certified
UCHealth Epic Community Connect program
UCHealth’s Epic Community Connect program provides physicians the advantage of using our Epic practice management and ambulatory electronic health record. Epic Community Connect includes:
- Core suite of modules
- Implementation and ongoing support
- Server hosting and data management
Why do community physicians see value and embrace our program solution?
- Avoid duplicate tests
- View thorough patient medical histories
- Easily coordinate care
- Quickly access test results
- Send records to other physicians or health system departments
- Save office space
- Securely store confidential patient information
Other support services available:
- PACS/image hosting
- Equipment leasing
- Technical (network/desktop) support
Our system is live and Epic Ambulatory has been in use for over four years at UCHealth. We offer a local, personalized support model and each practice will have assigned account manager based in their region.
For more information or to set up a demo of Epic Community Connect with our IT services team, please contact:
Senior Director, Physician Relations and Strategic Planning
Professional development programs
- Advanced Care Partners (ACP) – northern Colorado
- Advanced Care Partners (ACP) – metro Denver
- Advanced Care Partners (ACP) – Colorado Springs
- Clinical Orientation
- Continuing Education
- Interprofessional Grand Rounds
- Interprofessional Research
- Life Support
- PeriOp 101 Fellowship Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program
- Progressive Pathway program – northern Colorado
- Progressive Pathway program – UCH
- Student Orientation
Professional development team
- Clinical Nurse Educators
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Clinical Scholars
- Educational Programs Coordinator
- Life Support Program Coordinators
- Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program Coordinator
- Research Nurse Scientists
University of Colorado Hospital
- Clinical Orientation Program
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Continuing Education
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Residency Programs
- Colorado State SANE/SAFE Project
- School of Radiologic Technology (Memorial Hospital)
- Practicum Students Only – Login Here (Memorial Hospital)
- Memorial student resources
PVH and MCR
University of Colorado Hospital supports a teaching and research environment. In addition, being a Magnet Hospital affirms that we represent the “gold standard” for nursing care.
UCHealth’s metro Denver hospital, University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), is one of the premier academic research institutions in the country. We deliver quaternary (fourth level) care as a part of a consortium of teaching hospitals across the nation.
While UCH is a separate entity from the University of Colorado, we’re part of the University of Colorado campus system, which operates under a total learning environment mission. We are directly linked to the graduate health sciences schools of the University of Colorado Denver through joint and clinical appointments.
- Providing patient-centric education and cutting-edge research opportunities are important parts of our hospital mission. Our Magnet-designated hospital supports an environment where teaching and research activities are respected. Contributions from dedicated research professionals help us achieve excellence in patient care outcomes.
- Allied Health Research is conducted within the philosophy and values articulated by the University of Colorado Hospital Evidence-Based Practice Council.
>> Search our clinical trials listings
Research at University of Colorado Health
*The CCTSI is a collaborative enterprise between UC Denver, UC Boulder, six affiliated hospitals and health care organizations (including UCH), and multiple community organizations with resources to promote research and training that will advance health care and improve the public health.
Research in northern Colorado
All research studies, except oncology, are managed from the Flex Building. Clinical studies are conducted at PVH, MCR and Colorado Health Medical Group physician offices and range from cardiovascular and neurology clinical trials to childhood obesity intervention and bicycle education.
Physicians interested in research should call 970-624-1680
Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council Mission Statement
To provide education, mentorship and leadership throughout the research process. We strive to perform research, disseminate findings and evaluate and improve our quality of patient care via evidence-based practice.
Regina Fink, RN, PhD, AOCN, FAAN
These surveys were developed while we were employed at the University of Colorado Hospital Authority to elicit the voice of nursing students, graduate nurses, and nursing staff with hopes of enhancing their educational formation and advancing their contribution to leading change as health care professionals.Thank you for your inquiry to use one of the Casey-Fink Survey instruments.
You have permission to use these survey materials free of cost. In return, we request that you submit your contact information and a brief description of how the materials will be used in your practice setting.
Click a link below to go to the Survey Monkey form for that survey. Each takes only two to three minutes to complete. After you submit the form, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can download the survey materials.
We are grateful for your participation and appreciate the information you share with us.
Kathy Casey RN, MSN
Regina Fink, RN, PhD, AOCN, FAAN
Casey-Fink Survey forms
UCHealth is committed to ethical behavior and sound business practices in its dealings with vendors and their representatives. To that end, we have made available our:
These documents, as well as other credentialing requirements, must be reviewed and acknowledged where applicable at intellicentrics.com. Vendors are required to create their own personal vendor profile in Reptrax and submit required credentials in order to gain access privileges and meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
Please contact our Purchasing Department if you have any questions regarding our policies. We will direct you to the correct contact person in the respective department for that location.
Hours of operation for UCHealth Purchasing: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, exclusive of holidays.
- Northern Colorado: 970-684-4000
- Metro Denver: 720-848-2900
- Colorado Springs: 719-365-5000