Our Progressive Pathway Program provides opportunities to UCHealth RNs who wish to expand their career into a critical care unit or a specialty unit. Applicants must be UCHealth employees and follow the UCHealth System Internal Transfer Policy.
Nurses who were hired into the Nurse Residency Program must have been with their current UCHealth unit for 2 years prior to the start date of the program. There are no exceptions to this rule.
For a complete and updated list of nursing units participating in each cohort, please refer to the posting during the application window. To apply, please go to Employee Space and search the Job Openings section for “Pathway” during the application window.
Get dates and deadlines on future Pathway cohorts:
>> 2020 dates and timelines
Nursing unit descriptions
Each UCHealth region has a Progressive Pathway program.
- First, meet with your current manager to discuss your interest in transferring to a Critical Care or Specialty unit. (If you are selected to receive an offer, the recruiter will send an evaluation for your manager to complete, and ask for your manager’s recommendation/endorsement for a transfer.)
- Then completely fill out the online application, and attach the following in a single PDF or Word document:
- Comprehensive resume
- Cover letter explaining:
- Your credentials
- Into which unit you’d like to transfer
- Why you’re interested in that unit.
In order to be considered for a Progressive Pathway position, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a current UCHealth employee – (former employees, non-employees and agency nurses working at UCHealth are not eligible for this program.)
- Must have been on your current unit as a clinical RN for at least 6 months prior to the transfer date.
- Must be eligible for a transfer per the UCHealth internal transfer policy (found on The Source as “Internal Transfers and Promotions”).
- Must apply and submit all requirements by the application deadline.
Employees who are selected for the Progressive Pathway Program will be required to:
- Agree to work full-time (.9 FTE) for at least one year after transferring to the ICU or specialty unit.
- Agree to work rotating day/night shifts (if required by unit).
- Attend and participate in the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) and / or additional orientation required for the Pathway program.
- Transfer to the new unit.
- Lose their current scheduling seniority.
Interview and selection process
- HR will be responsible for verifying eligibility. You will be notified by HR if you do not meet requirements.
- Candidates selected to interview will meet with the Critical Care / Specialty manager and other members of the interviewing team, and then shadow a nurse on that unit.
- Candidates will be informed of a decision a week after interviews are complete.
- Please note that if you are in a current role outside of the Clinical Nurse RN (e.g. Charge RN), acceptance into the Pathway program will require that your job status change to a Clinical Nurse RN. Following the UEXCEL bylaws, transfers to a different service may retain their advanced status for up to one year post-transfer. Should the advanced or expert clinical levels be unable to be demonstrated at one year, the nurse must be reclassified at the level occupied prior to advancement. Please see Section V5 of the UEXCEL Professional Practice Program/Model Bylaws. Please direct any questions to your current or hiring manager.
For questions regarding this program, please contact the recruiter:
- Metro Denver: James Weekley / email@example.com
- Northern or southern Colorado: Julie Willis / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this program is only open to employees of UCHealth.
How to apply
- Log in to Employee Space on the Source
- Select “Job Openings”
- Enter the keyword “Pathway” and click Search