Programs in metro Denver, northern Colorado, and southern Colorado
Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ at UCHealth
- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora
- Broomfield Hospital
- Highlands Ranch Hospital
- Poudre Valley Hospital, Fort Collins
- Medical Center of the Rockies, Loveland
- Greeley Hospital
- Longs Peak Hospital, Longmont
- Yampa Valley Medical Center, Steamboat Springs
- Memorial Hospital Central, Colorado Springs
- Memorial Hospital North, Colorado Springs
- Grandview Hospital, Colorado Springs
- Pikes Peak Regional Hospital, Woodland Park
As a new graduate RN in the UCHealth Nurse Residency Program, you will participate in an established, evidence-based one year program that is designed to provide the necessary support while you continue to gain knowledge and leadership skills. This program has proven to provide a strong foundation for your nursing career. In fact, many graduates of this program are now charge nurses, nurse educators, preceptors, team leads, and clinical managers.
Participants in our program receive a year of education, comprised of:
- 10-24 weeks of orientation and precepted experience on the clinical unit of hire. Length of orientation varies based on unit specifics.
- Paid specialty courses designed for your specific unit occurring throughout the year
- Paid monthly residency seminars, providing additional curriculum and mentoring support
2020 Program dates/deadlines
To be considered, all parts of the application must be received online by the application deadline.
Learn about nursing units at UCHealth
How to apply
To apply online during an active application window:
- Click the “Apply online” button.
- Search for “Residency” and apply.
The employee-based Nurse Residency Program at University of Colorado Hospital is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org). The accreditation status was awarded in 2009 and 2014, making it one of the first nationally accredited nurse residency programs in the United States.