Programs in metro Denver, northern Colorado, and southern Colorado
Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ at UCHealth
- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora
- Broomfield Hospital
- Highlands Ranch Hospital
- Longs Peak Hospital, Longmont
- Poudre Valley Hospital, Fort Collins
- Medical Center of the Rockies, Loveland
- Greeley Hospital
- Yampa Valley Medical Center, Steamboat Springs
- Memorial Hospital Central, Colorado Springs
- Memorial Hospital North, Colorado Springs
- Grandview Hospital, Colorado Springs
- Pikes Peak Regional Hospital, Woodland Park
As a new graduate RN in the UCHealth Nurse Residency Program, you will participate in an established, evidence-based one year program that is designed to provide the necessary support while you continue to gain knowledge and leadership skills. This program has proven to provide a strong foundation for your nursing career. In fact, many graduates of this program are now charge nurses, nurse educators, preceptors, team leads, and clinical managers.
Participants in our program receive a year of education, comprised of:
- 10-24 weeks of orientation and precepted experience on the clinical unit of hire. Length of orientation varies based on unit specifics.
- Paid specialty courses designed for your specific unit occurring throughout the year
- Paid monthly residency seminars, providing additional curriculum and mentoring support
2022 Program start dates: February, July, August, and October
Applications will be accepted year round!
- Applicants will be considered for the next available cohort (you do not need to have graduated or have obtained RN license to apply). Please apply early to ensure that you will have more choices for available units.
- Selected candidates will be required to have a Colorado RN license or multi-state eNLC compact RN license by the program start date.
- Applicants will apply online and attach a supplemental document (see “Application information” below prior to applying).
Learn about nursing units at UCHealth
How to apply
To apply online during an active application window:
- Click the “Apply online” button.
- Search for “Residency” and apply.
The employee-based UCHealth Nurse Residency Program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (https://www.aacnnursing.org/CCNE). The accreditation status was awarded to University of Colorado Hospital in 2009 and 2014, expanding to the system-wide UCHealth Nurse Residency Program in 2019. The UCHealth Nurse Residency Program is one of under ten healthcare systems in the country to receive this recognition.