About the program
UCHealth in metro Denver partners with accredited educational institutions in providing opportunities for athletic training master’s degree students to participate in clinical immersion rotations. This program allows each student exposure with hands on experiences in day-to-day, patient-centered care provided by athletic trainers in the physician practice. The length of each experience is individual to the student’s school requirements. Rotations are coordinated with each student’s CEC and in accordance with the school’s contract. Each institution must have an affiliation agreement in place with UCHealth prior to student participation.
The mission of this clinical experience program is to provide increasingly complex, evidence-based clinical training to masters-level AT students eager to learn, discover and develop skills in the physician setting.
To actively demonstrate excellence in patient centered care and interdisciplinary collaboration delivered by athletic trainers in the physician practice.
- To provide a logical progression of increasingly complex and autonomous patient care experiences in one or more of the following areas:
- Trauma/limb restoration
- Foot and ankle
- Orthopedic sports medicine
- Adult reconstruction
- To allow opportunities in surgery, MSK radiology and procedural observation.
- To foster advanced communication skills with allied health professionals in a multidisciplinary work environment.
- To mentor confidence in independent and critical thinking skills.
To inquire about our program, or express interest in applying, please email ATclinicalexperience@uchealth.org