Are you currently enrolled in a BSN program?
The Advanced Care Partner program at UCHealth allows nursing students an opportunity to enhance clinical skills in a Magnet-status teaching hospital environment while still enrolled in a BSN program. Applicants must be actively enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program without interruption in progression or have graduated from an accredited BSN program. For more information about Program requirements and stipulations please see below. Advanced Care Partners will work under the supervision of a registered nurse in selected clinical areas, and function as CNAs with additional specialized skills..
Benefits for BSN students
- Increase clinical competency caring for patients
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Develop more advanced interpersonal skills
- Build self-confidence
- Establish an excellent bridge to University of Colorado Hospital’s Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Determine if your clinical service is a “match” as a start to your nursing career
- Perform in an evidence-based, knowledge-driven environment
- Gain insights into how delegated personnel work with a professional registered nurse
- PRN schedule caters to nursing student availability
Other skills you will learn
- Place peripheral IVs; remove peripheral capped IVs
- Perform phlebotomy
- Place and remove urinary drainage catheters
- Assist RNs with collecting patient admission data
- Perform sterile dressing changes
Application information and requirements
- Advanced Care Partner candidates must be actively enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program without interruption in progression or have graduated from an accredited BSN program.
- Must have completed Med/Surg I (or equivalent). >> See a list of common Med/Surg-1 equivalent courses.
- Be able to work at least one 12-hour shift (day, nights or weekends, as needed by unit) per week consistently until graduation.
- Minimum hours for the ACP Program stipulates that any in-state or out-of-state cohort participant will work either one 12-hour shift a week, or 24-hours per pay/period in order to satisfy program criteria. When you are unable to continue this criteria (if you left Colorado) employment would cease.
- Must be able to attend mandatory Monday/Tuesday Orientation days that occur monthly. All orientation days will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and no exceptions are permitted.
- The ACP program is most beneficial to applicants who are at least one year or more from graduation. Applicants graduating within the next year are encouraged to wait and apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program.
- Turn off pop-up blockers
- Visit https://careers.uchealth.org
- Search for “Advanced Care Partner” positions, and click the “Apply Now” link in the Campus and Unit you’re interested in.
- If you are an internal employee please click the “UCHealth employees apply here” link. Internal employees can also search internal positions through The Source.
- If a specific Unit does not have an ACP position posted that Unit does not have a current approved opening and you can either apply to others or check back periodically for your preferred Unit opening.
- Enter your User Name and Password if a returning applicant, or click “Register Now” link to set up a profile for the first time.
Ensure that information, education, and work history contained in your resume are accurate and up-to-date and upload a cover letter and resume in one single document. The email and phone number associated with your applicant profile will be the primary means of communication for Program updates.
If a Unit is interested in interviewing you after you apply either a Talent Acquisition Recruiter or the Unit will connect via phone or email (in your applicant profile) to coordinate this interview. In the event you’re selected for an offer as an ACP a Talent Acquisition Recruiter will explain all details of the offer and also coordinate to schedule you in the soonest available monthly (Monday/Tuesday) Orientation that is acceptable for your schedule.
If you receive an electronic reference-check to the email associated with your applicant profile from a company called SkillSurvey. Please respond to this request at your earliest convenience. If you have completed a SkillSurvey reference-check in the last 6 months for a similar position, this step will not be required again. The reference-check is a mandatory step in UCHealth’s hiring process for further consideration.
Please feel free to email ACP Human Resources recruiter Paul Lavine at Paul.Lavine@UCHealth.org with any program questions.
Click the button below and then search for “Advanced Care Partner”