Residency Program overview
The Colorado Springs area is a tremendous place to work . . .and live!
UCHealth Memorial Hospital is located in Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains and serves southern Colorado communities. Memorial is a Level I Trauma Center comprised of two campuses – Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North – as well as several outlying clinical facilities throughout Colorado Springs.
Our PGY1 pharmacy residency program was started in 2004 and offers four PGY1 positions. We also offer one Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) position in Critical Care and one PGY2 position in Oncology. The PGY1 program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the PGY2 programs are currently in Candidate status. Our 12-month program offers an excellent opportunity for residents in acute care at a large community hospital.
- Duration/type: 12 months
- Number of PGY1 positions: 4
- Number of PGY2 positions: 1 critical care, 1 oncology
- Application deadline: January 1
- PGY1 start date: June 15
- PGY2 start date: July 13
- PGY1 estimated stipend: $57,000
- PGY2 estimated stipend: $59,000
- Interview required: Yes
Residency special features
- Fringe benefits: Health, hospital, dental, life, and disability insurance with paid time off, paid holidays, financial support for selected meetings.
- Total beds: 671 (Central = 583 and North = 88)
- Hospital type: Acute Care Community Hospital
- Average daily census: 409
- Site features: Part of the UCHealth health care system, Memorial Hospital, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has been recognized nationally for quality, research, and outcomes. Memorial Hospital provides a challenging, well-rounded training environment with a focus on inpatient acute care. UCHealth Memorial Hospital is the official hospital of the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive stroke center, and an accredited ACC Chest Pain Center.
For questions about the pharmacy practice residency program at UCHealth Memorial Hospital, please contact:
Kate Jeffers, PharmD, BCOP
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Director
PGY2 Oncology Residency Program Director
Alyssa Douville, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Coordinator
PGY2 Critical Care Residency Program Director
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org