Residency program overview
The Colorado Springs area is a tremendous place to work . . .and live!
Memorial Hospital is located in Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains and serves southern Colorado communities. Memorial is a Level II Trauma Center comprised of two campuses – Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North – as well as several outlying clinical facilities throughout Colorado Springs.
Our residency program was started in 2004 and offers four Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) positions. We are accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Our 12-month program offers an excellent opportunity for residents in acute care at a large community hospital.
- Duration/type: 12 months
- Number of positions: 4
- Application deadline: 01/01/2016
- Starting date: 06/19/2017
- Estimated stipend: $52,000
- Interview required: Yes
Residency special features
- Rotations include: Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics (either general pediatrics or pediatric ICU) and Practice Management. Longitudinal requirements are comprised of Staffing, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, code blue response, antimicrobial stewardship and medication safety. Elective rotations include Women’s Health, Inpatient Oncology, Outpatient Oncology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Trauma/Surgical ICU, Neonatal ICU, and Investigational Drug Services. Rotations at other UCHealth facilities may be available at the discretion of the program director.
- Fringe benefits: Health, hospital, dental, life, and disability insurance with paid time off, paid holidays, financial support for selected meetings.
- Total beds: 671 (Central = 583 and North = 88)
- Hospital Type: Acute Care Community Hospital
- Average daily census: 303
For questions about the pharmacy practice residency program at Memorial Hospital, please contact:
Residency Program Director:
Kate Jeffers, PharmD, BCOP
Residency Program Coordinator:
Alyssa Douville, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP