Residency Program overview
The Colorado Springs area is a tremendous place to work . . .and live!
Memorial Hospital is located in Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains and serves southern Colorado communities. Memorial is a Level I Trauma Center comprised of two campuses – Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North – as well as several outlying clinical facilities throughout Colorado Springs.
Our residency program was started in 2004 and offers four Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) positions as well as one Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) position in Critical Care and one PGY2 position in Oncology. The PGY1 program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the PGY2 programs are currently in pre-candidate status. Our 12-month program offers an excellent opportunity for residents in acute care at a large community hospital.
- Duration/type: 12 months
- Number of PGY1 positions: 4
- Number of PGY2 positions: 1 critical care, 1 oncology
- Application deadline: January 1
- PGY1 Starting date: 06/17/2019
- PGY2 Starting date: 07/01/2019
- PGY1 Estimated stipend: $56,000
- PGY2 Estimated stipend: $58,000
- Interview required: Yes
Residency special features
- Fringe benefits: Health, hospital, dental, life, and disability insurance with paid time off, paid holidays, financial support for selected meetings.
- Total beds: 671 (Central = 583 and North = 88)
- Hospital Type: Acute Care Community Hospital
- Average daily census: 409
- Site Features: Part of the UCHealth System, Memorial Hospital, located in Colorado Springs, CO, has been recognized nationally for quality, research, and outcomes. Memorial Hospital provides a challenging, well-rounded training environment with a focus on inpatient acute care. UCHealth is the official hospital of the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive stroke center, and an accredited ACC Chest Pain Center.
For questions about the pharmacy practice residency program at UCHealth Memorial Hospital, please contact:
Kate Jeffers, PharmD, BCOP
PGY1 Residency Program Director
PGY2 Oncology Residency Program Director