Residency Program overview
The Colorado Springs area is a tremendous place to work . . .and live!
UCHealth Memorial Hospital is located in Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains and serves southern Colorado communities. Memorial is a Level I Trauma Center comprised of two campuses – Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North – as well as several outlying clinical facilities throughout Colorado Springs.
Our PGY1 pharmacy residency program was started in 2004 and offers four PGY1 positions. We also offer one Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) position in Critical Care and one PGY2 position in Oncology. The PGY1 and PGY2 programs are accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Our 12-month program offers an excellent opportunity for residents in acute care at a large community hospital.
- Duration/type: 12 months
- Number of PGY1 positions: 4
- Number of PGY2 positions: 1 critical care, 1 oncology
- Application deadline: January 1
- PGY1 start date: June 21
- PGY2 start date: July 5
- PGY1 estimated stipend: $59,000
- PGY2 estimated stipend: $61,000
- Interview required: Yes
Residency special features
- Fringe benefits: Health, hospital, dental, life, and disability insurance with paid time off, paid holidays, financial support for selected meetings.
- Total beds: 671 (Central = 583 and North = 88)
- Hospital type: Acute Care Community Hospital
- Average daily census: 409
- Site features: Part of the UCHealth health care system, Memorial Hospital, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has been recognized nationally for quality, research, and outcomes. Memorial Hospital provides a challenging, well-rounded training environment with a focus on inpatient acute care. UCHealth Memorial Hospital is the official hospital of the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive stroke center, and an accredited ACC Chest Pain Center.
For questions about the pharmacy practice residency program at UCHealth Memorial Hospital, please contact:
Kate Taucher, PharmD, BCOP
PGY2 Oncology Residency Program Director
Alyssa Douville, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Coordinator
PGY2 Critical Care Residency Program Director
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org