A service of UCHealth
Our Family Medicine Residency, based in Fort Collins, Colorado, has an excellent record of training competent and caring physicians. Graduates have said “Excellent preparation!,” “Outstanding program!,” and “Great experience!”
Learn more about our program
During your next three years, we can offer you:
- A personalized full-scope family medicine curriculum in an attractive college town with urban amenities and wilderness nearby.
- Resident run inpatient medicine, obstetrics, and pediatric services to guarantee a complete education.
- An exceptionally staffed NCQA Level 3-recognized Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Innovative care with lifestyle, pharmacy, and behavioral resources, as well as community osteopathic, OB, and psychiatry attendings.
- Primary inpatient rotations at Poudre Valley Hospital.
- Preparation for serving rural and underserved communities.
- A busy safety net clinic practice in a thriving health system.
If you have questions about our residency program, please contact our program manager, Kimberly Bell, at Kimberly.Bell@uchealth.org or 970.495.8803.
Fourth-year medical students can apply for one of our 7 resident intern positions through ERAS. We do not accept inquiries or application materials outside of the ERAS system. We will begin accepting applications when the ERAS post office opens in September. Please submit your application materials as soon as possible as our interview slots fill up quickly.
We will be offering interviews in November, December, and the first two weeks of January. Most of our interviews will be held on Wednesday afternoons, Thursday mornings, or Thursday afternoons. There are a few times during applicant season (e.g., Thanksgiving) when we may shift interviews to a different day of the week. Once invited, we will contact you to schedule your interview. The interview day includes a clinic and hospital tour, a Q&A period with our Program Director, four interviews with faculty and residents, and a social lunch with residents. We also host an informal evening dinner during interview weeks; information will be provided when we contact you for an interview.
Eligible applicants include:
- Graduates of Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical schools in the United States or Canada, or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited medical schools in the United States who have passed Step 2 (USMLE) or Level 2 (COMLEX) prior to medical school graduation.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet all of the following qualifications:
- Completion of three years of post-graduate training in an ACGME-approved program in the United States or Canada.
- Satisfactory completion of the examination of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Satisfactory completion of the USMLE examination.
- Submission of evidence, satisfactory to the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners, that the medical school from which the applicant graduated is approved by the LCME or the AOA or conforms to the minimal educational standards established by the LCME or AOA as determined by the Board.
To assure that a systematic and fair process is used for selecting eligible applicants, our program:
- Participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We look forward to receiving your application. In order for your file to be reviewed, it must include:
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 score report
- Medical school transcripts
- Personal Statement
- At least 2 Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a family physician)
- Completed ERAS application