A service of UCHealth
Our Family Medicine Residency, based in Fort Collins, Colorado, has an excellent record of training competent and caring physicians. Graduates have said “Excellent preparation!,” “Outstanding program!,” and “Great experience!”
Learn more about our program
Program faculty, preceptors, and residents
During your next three years, we can offer you:
- A personalized full-scope family medicine curriculum in an attractive college town with urban amenities and wilderness nearby.
- Resident run inpatient medicine, obstetrics, and pediatric services to guarantee a complete education.
- An exceptionally staffed NCQA Level 3-recognized Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Innovative care with lifestyle, pharmacy, and behavioral resources, as well as community osteopathic, OB, and psychiatry attendings.
- Primary inpatient rotations at Poudre Valley Hospital.
- Preparation for serving rural and underserved communities.
- A busy safety net clinic practice in a thriving health system.
If you have questions about our residency program, please contact our program manager, Kimberly Bell, at Kimberly.Bell@uchealth.org or 970.495.8803.
Fourth-year medical students can apply for one of our 7 resident intern positions through ERAS. We do not accept inquiries or application materials outside of the ERAS system. We will begin accepting applications when the ERAS post office opens in September. Please submit your application materials as soon as possible as our interview slots fill up quickly.
We generally offer interviews November through January. Our interviews are held several half-days per week to provide some flexibility in scheduling. Once invited, we will contact you to schedule your interview.
Eligible applicants include:
- Graduates of Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical schools in the United States or Canada, or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited medical schools in the United States who have passed Step 2 (USMLE) or Level 2 (COMLEX) prior to medical school graduation.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet all of the following qualifications:
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified at the time of application.
- Satisfactory completion of the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 examinations.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants who are eligible to obtain full licensure in the State of Colorado at the end of the PGY1 year in training. The Colorado Board of Medical Examiners requires one year or postgraduate US education for US and Canadian graduates and requires three years of postgraduate US education for international graduates before licensure may be granted. If you have questions regarding Colorado licensure, please contact the Board of Medical Examiners.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (U.S.) on a full-time basis. UCHealth will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., an H-1B visa or other U.S. employment authorization).
To assure that a systematic and fair process is used for selecting eligible applicants, our program:
- Participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We look forward to receiving your application. In order for your file to be reviewed, it must include:
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 score report
- Medical school transcripts
- Personal Statement including a paragraph stating why you are interested in applying to the Fort Collins Family Medicine Residency program
- At least 2 Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a family physician)
- Completed ERAS application