Comprehensive Lung and Breathing Program
Expert lung and breathing care, from a chronic cough to the most complex lung diseases.
Whether you’re in the Rocky Mountain region or somewhere else nationally, UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital offers a team of experts ready to give you the internationally recognized care you deserve.
Call us at 720.848.0748 to learn more.
Our multidisciplinary approach
Our Comprehensive Lung and Breathing Program, based in metro Denver, uses a unique multidisciplinary approach to give you access to all the specialists, like pulmonologists, allergists, oncologists, otolaryngologists and thoracic surgeons, you need to treat your condition.
Our areas of lung and respiratory expertise
From allergies and asthma to nasal and sinus problems, from an array of pulmonary disorders to thoracic surgery, UCHealth specialists have you covered.
Allergies and asthma
From the simplest to most complicated allergy and asthma cases, we’re here to solve your unique problem. We can help you get to the bottom of food allergies, drug allergies and environmental factors contributing to skin issues, breathing difficulty and more.
Provider videos: allergies and asthma
- Treating allergies
- The difference between allergies and a cold
- How to know if you have allergies
- How to get rid of pet allergies
UCHealth University of Colorado Cancer Center in metro Denver is the place to go for your head and neck or lung cancer. Our world-renowned team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgeons have set new standards in the treatment of many of these cancers, making us one of the few NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country.
Provider videos: head and neck cancer
- What does a head and neck cancer surgeon do?
- Treatment and rehabilitation for head and neck cancer
- What are salivary gland tumors and how do you treat them?
- What is HPV-driven cancer?
Provider videos: lung nodule
- What do I do if I have a lung nodule?
Interventional pulmonology involves minimally invasive procedures used to diagnose and treat lung conditions. Our dedicated team uses this state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat respiratory conditions in a way that decreases discomfort, complications and overall recovery time in one of the top hospitals in the country.
Provider videos: interventional pulmonology
- What does an interventional pulmonologist do?
- How does an interventional pulmonologist diagnose lung disease?
- How does an interventional pulmonolgist treat lung disease?
- What do I do if I have a lung nodule?
Nasal and sinus disorders
UCHealth is where you’ll find the only group of specialty-trained rhinologists in the state. These experts are involved in the latest and greatest research so they can always bring you the best routine and advanced care for your sinus or nasal problem.
Provider videos: nasal and sinus disorders
- What are nasal polyps?
- I can’t breathe through my nose
- Rhinitis and its treatment
- Sinusitis and its treatment
Since everyone’s situation is different, we don’t offer a generalized approach to treating you. Our experts specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of lung conditions such as autoimmune lung disease, chronic cough, COPD, emphysema, interstitial lung disease and shortness of breath, while consulting with one other on the best way to move forward with your condition.
Provider videos: COPD
- What causes chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
- How do you treat COPD?
- What are the symptoms of COPD?
- How long does COPD last?
Provider videos: interstitial lung disease
- What is interstitial lung disease?
- Diagnosis and treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Living with interstitial lung disease
Pulmonary vascular disease
Our clinic offers top-level care when it comes to pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary embolism, chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH), hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and respiratory disorders related to high altitude.
Our pulmonary hypertension survival rate is among the best in the country.
Provider videos: pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary hypertension and its symptoms
- Pulmonary hypertension diagnosis and treatment
Provider videos: pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary embolism diagnosis and treatment
- How do you get a pulmonary embolism?
Provider videos: altitude sickness
- What is altitude sickeness? How do you know if you have it?
- Treating altitude sickness
- Preventing altitude sickness
To us, sleep is a science. We offer the technology proven to give you a good night’s rest. In addition to treatments for sleep disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy and other conditions, we were the first place in Metro Denver to offer Inspire therapy and other advanced surgeries for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Provider videos: sleep apnea
- What is sleep apnea?
- Getting tested for sleep apnea
- Treating sleep apnea
- The effects of untreated sleep apnea
- What if I don’t like my CPAP machine?
While there are many surgeons out there, few focus specifically on thoracic surgery like we do at UCHealth. Our thoracic surgeons have trained extensively in this specialty and have decades of experience. They work closely with our doctors in gastroenterology, oncology, pulmonology, pathology, and other specialties to create a personalized plan for you. From your lungs to your chest wall to your upper airway, should you need a surgical expert in those areas, you can find them here.
Provider videos: thoracic surgery
- Lung surgery: types, risks, and recovery
- How do you treat lung cancer with surgery?
- Robotic lung surgery
- What are the symptoms of and treatment for upper airway tumors?
- What is subglottic stenosis, and is it life-threatening?
- What is pectus excavatum?
- How do you treat pectus excavatum?
- How do you use robotic surgery to treat reflux and esophageal disease?
- How do you use robotic surgery to treat esophageal cancer?
A lung transplant may be the only option for patients with end-stage lung disease who have not responded to conventional treatment, and whose survival is predicted at less than two years. UCHealth is home to the only lung transplant program in the state and we have performed over 600 lung transplants.
Voice, swallowing and upper airway disorders
These types of problems can’t be treated just anywhere. The Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora is the only place in town with some of the advanced therapies and surgeries you need to treat vocal cord dysfunction, laryngeal tumors and more.
Provider videos: voice, swallowing and laryngeal cancer
- What is a voice disorder?
- Treatments for those who have difficulty swallowing
- Treating breathing difficulties not related to the lungs
- What is laryngeal cancer?
Supportive services. Personalized care.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation creates a personalized approach to help you with your pulmonary disease. It can reduce your symptoms and improve your life.
- UCHealth’s smoking cessation resources include smoking cessation classes, support groups, and nicotine treatments—all aimed at helping interested individuals stop using tobacco and start a living a healthier life.
Our lung and breathing specialists and other providers will collaborate to treat your unique case with a customized plan. Our expertise and leading-edge procedures can help you maintain more of the active, healthy life you love.