Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program of education and exercise to help you manage your lung disease. Classes are offered in a group setting so you can meet others with your condition. Exercising will help you increase your strength and become more active, so you can do the daily activities you enjoy. Our pulmonary specialists create individualized treatments to help you with your pulmonary disease, reduce your symptoms and improve your life. Should you need it, our programs will also include help with smoking cessation.
If you suffer from most types of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), interstitial lung disease or pulmonary hypertension, we offer a physician-prescribed program aimed at improving your quality of life. We’re here to get you back to your daily activities.
For more information, call our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the UCHealth facility near you:
Get back to everything
If you suffer from a breathing disorder, we offer a physician-prescribed program aimed at improving your quality of life. It involves:
- Exercise and education sessions
- A program length based on your needs
- Improve your physical and emotional well-being
- Improve your knowledge of lung health and how to live well with a lung disorder
- Give you the ability to maintain an active lifestyle for life
How to enroll
- Call your provider to ask for a physician referral (required)
- If you’re a Medicare participant, have your physician order a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
What to expect when beginning rehab
- An initial assessment with a respiratory therapist
- A plan catered to you after consulting with our team