Nationally-recognized comprehensive cancer care and treatment for adults
UCHealth offers you the most advanced cancer care, close to home, with locations throughout Colorado, the eastern plains, and southern Wyoming.
At UCHealth facilities in Fort Collins, metro Denver and Colorado Springs you have access to top specialists with extensive experience in all types of cancers. Physicians collaborate across regions, in areas such as clinical trials and multidisciplinary conferences, to provide the best care for patients.
Through service line integration, we are developing standards of care across the Front Range, so the best treatment can always be delivered in the best place for patients. As patients from across the region may seek additional opinions at UCHealth, the electronic medical record enables plan consensus. This allows physicians to deliver seamless care, as cancer patients often see multiple specialists who need to collaborate in real-time.
Our partnership with the University of Colorado Cancer Center
UCHealth’s unique partnership with the University of Colorado Cancer Center – the only Comprehensive Cancer Center in Colorado designated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and one of just 50 in the country — gives our patients the benefit of cutting-edge science and the expertise of an academic center close to home.
Clinical trials and what they mean to you
Offering clinical trials is essential to caring for patients with cancer. The best treatments and current standards of care come from researchers asking the “what if” questions and then moving forward to determine if the intervention will improve a clinical outcome.
The relationship between UCHealth and the CU Cancer Center provides opportunities for patients to participate in state-of-the-art clinical trials, which ultimately leads to better treatments. Research patients are a gift to all of us. Their participation helps us to find better treatments for cancer.
Remote second opinions
Access the University of Colorado Cancer Center’s independent experts without the need to travel by participating in the UCHealth Remote Second Opinion Program.
Although we welcome you anytime at the CU Cancer Center in Aurora, Colorado, our Remote Second Opinions program helps you overcome the hardships of lost work time, lost family time, and the time and expense of travel. Get an expert second opinion from our cancer specialists, whether you or a loved one are:
- Recently diagnosed with cancer, want to confirm the diagnosis, and receive counsel on the best plan before you begin treatment
- Already in treatment and want to explore the options our physicians would recommend in your situation
Cancer specialties offering second opinion consultations
Our medical professionals offer second opinion consultations in a number of specialties, including:
- Thoracic Oncology – Lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma, thymoma and thymic carcinoma, small cell cancer in other body sites, chest sarcomas, pulmonary carcinoid tumors, other rare thoracic cancers
- Gastrointestinal Oncology – Anal, colorectal, esophageal, extrahepatic, liver, pancreatic, small intestine, stomach, gastrointestinal tumors
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer in young women (ages 18-45), pregnancy-associated breast cancer, ductal carcinoma in situ, lobular carcinoma in situ, invasive ductal carcinoma, invasive lobular carcinoma/services/cancer-care/remote-second-opinions/
- Sarcoma – Soft tissue sarcomas including: GIST (gastrointestinal stromal tumors), leiomyosarcoma, liposarcoma, undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma, spindle cell tumors, synovial sarcoma, desmoid fibromatosis, nerve sheath tumors, etc.
When your health—and maybe even your life—is at stake, you want the best medical care available. That’s why your first choice needs to be UCHealth and our nationally designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Gain access to medical experts
Our Remote Second Opinion (RSO) program lets you reach our medical experts without the inconvenience of travel.
About RSO payments
Please be aware that payments for Remote Second Opinion (RSO) services are non-refundable, and are not reimbursed by insurance plans. While we issue invoices to confirm payments for services rendered, we do not provide billing codes.
Review before starting your request
Diseases we treat
- Cancer treatment
- Blood cancers and blood marrow transplants
- Bone cancer treatment
- Brain tumor treatment
- Breast cancer treatment
- Gastrointestinal cancer treatment
- Head and neck cancer treatment
- Lung and thoracic cancer treatment
- Melanoma treatment
- Ovarian, uterine and gynecologic cancer treatment
- Pituitary tumor treatment
- Prostate cancer treatment
- Skin cancer treatment
- Thyroid cancer treatment
- Urologic cancer treatment
Oncology rehabilitation program
Cardio-oncology at University of Colorado Hospital
Due to advances in cancer treatment, cancer patients enjoy higher survival rates and are living longer. But cancer treatments can cause heart complications and worsen existing heart conditions. That’s where the growing field of cardio-oncology can help.
At UCHealth we strive to support patients with cancer and enable them to function at the highest level possible. Providers in our Oncology Rehabilitation program design treatment protocols for you to reduce cancer-related side effects that affect your daily life.
Our program is led by a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists with specialty training in oncology rehabilitation. Together we will create a plan just for you.
Our service specialties
- Bowel and bladder problems
- Difficulty talking or swallowing
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Limb swelling (lymphehema)
- Memory problems
- Muscle pain
- Women’s sexual dysfunction and pelvic pain