Nationally recognized, comprehensive adult cancer care and treatment
World-class cancer care close to home
Three distinct healthcare systems combined forces to create the most comprehensive oncology program in Colorado and surrounding states, and is one of only three QOPI-certified, oncology practices in Colorado.
UCHealth Cancer Care’s unique relationship between community cancer programs and CU Cancer Center – a National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center – means no other cancer provider in our region has this type of support to offer their patients.
With facilities in Colorado Springs, Denver, northern Colorado, the eastern plains and southern Wyoming, UCHealth offers you the most advanced cancer care, close to home. UCHealth Cancer Care allows patients residing in the Front Range and Mountain West to benefit from a world-class cancer program. Learn more about our renowned cancer program
Clinical trials and what they mean to you
Offering clinical trials is essential to caring for patients with cancer. The best treatments and current standards of care come from researchers asking the “what if” questions, and then moving forward to determine if the intervention will improve a clinical outcome.
The relationship between UCHealth and the CU Cancer Center provides opportunities for patients to participate in state-of-the-art clinical trials, which ultimately leads to better treatments. Research patients are a gift to all of us. Their participation helps us to find better treatments for cancer.
What are clinical trials?
Clinical trials are research studies that involve people. These studies test new ways to prevent, detect, diagnose, or treat cancer.
People who take part in trials have an opportunity to contribute to scientists’ knowledge about cancer and to help in the development of improved cancer treatments.
Participation may provide those who qualify with access to therapies years before they are widely available.
Learn more about clinical trials near you.
Remote second opinions
Access the University of Colorado Cancer Center’s independent experts without the need to travel by participating in the UCHealth Remote Second Opinion Program.
Although we welcome you anytime at the CU Cancer Center in Aurora, Colorado, our Remote Second Opinions program helps you overcome the hardships of lost work time, lost family time, and the time and expense of travel. Get an expert second opinion from our cancer specialists, whether you or a loved one are:
- Recently diagnosed with cancer, want to confirm the diagnosis, and receive counsel on the best plan before you begin treatment
- Already in treatment and want to explore the options our physicians would recommend in your situation
Cancer specialties offering second opinion consultations
Our medical professionals offer second opinion consultations in a number of specialties, including:
- Thoracic Oncology – Lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma, thymoma and thymic carcinoma, small cell cancer in other body sites, chest sarcomas, pulmonary carcinoid tumors, other rare thoracic cancers
- Gastrointestinal Oncology – Anal, colorectal, esophageal, extrahepatic, liver, pancreatic, small intestine, stomach, gastrointestinal tumors
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer in young women (ages 18-45), pregnancy-associated breast cancer, ductal carcinoma in situ, lobular carcinoma in situ, invasive ductal carcinoma, invasive lobular carcinoma
- Sarcoma – Soft tissue sarcomas including: GIST (gastrointestinal stromal tumors), leiomyosarcoma, liposarcoma, undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma, spindle cell tumors, synovial sarcoma, desmoid fibromatosis, nerve sheath tumors, etc.
When your health—and maybe even your life—is at stake, you want the best medical care available. That’s why your first choice needs to be UCHealth and our nationally designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Gain access to medical experts
Our Remote Second Opinion (RSO) program lets you reach our medical experts without the inconvenience of travel.
About RSO payments
Please be aware that payments for Remote Second Opinion (RSO) services are non-refundable, and are not reimbursed by insurance plans. While we issue invoices to confirm payments for services rendered, we do not provide billing codes.
Review before starting your request
Read a story about Remote Second Opinions on ColoradoCancerBlogs.org.