Find expansive lung care without going far
Thanks to UCHealth, metro Denver is home to the #1 ranked Pulmonology program in the country, according to US News and World Report. This distinction is due to the expertise of our pulmonologists, allergists, rheumatologists and other team members who work together to deliver you the personalized care you deserve.
All our specialists are readily available to treat everything from asthma to rare lung and breathing conditions. Add to that a complete pulmonary rehab program, and there’s no need to go anywhere else.
Our evaluation and recommendations will include the following:
- A multidisciplinary approach to clinical diagnosis
- Symptom management
- Education and resources for information and support
- Opportunities to participate in research studies
- Pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Direct communication with patients and referring providers to help ensure continuity of care and appropriate follow-up
Lung and respiratory conditions treated
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Early diagnosis and treatment is the key to managing your COPD. Our providers are here and ready to offer you a prompt and thorough evaluation, along with care catered to your unique situation. This care may include smoking cessation, medications, oxygen, pulmonary rehab and other outpatient options. Our goal is to maximize your quality of life.
Click below to view video
- How long does COPD last and how long can I live with it?
- What are the symptoms of COPD and how do you test for it?
- Treatment for COPD
- What causes COPD?
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung diseases vary greatly, but all involve scarring and inflammation in the lung. Our collaborative team of pulmonologists, rheumatologists, thoracic radiologists and thoracic pathologists, among others, are here to treat all of those medical conditions. We offer a comprehensive and personalized approach to your care.
Interventional Pulmonology (IP) performs minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat lung problems.
Our IP team uses state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat respiratory conditions in a minimally invasive way to decrease discomfort, complications and overall recovery time in one of the top academic medical centers in the country.
Our team uses a unique multidisciplinary approach. Specialists such as pulmonologists, oncologists, ear, nose and throat and thoracic surgeons meet every week to discuss treatments for every one of our patients.
Click below to view answers to questions through video
- How does an interventional pulmonologist diagnose lung disease?
- How does an interventional pulmonologist treat lung disease?
- What does an interventional pulmonologist do?
- What do I do if I have a lung nodule?
Conditions we treat
- Airway obstructions due to benign or malignant conditions
- Lung cancer
- Diagnosis, staging, and treatment
- Lung nodule
- Mediastinum tumors
- Metastatic tumors
- Pleural effusion
- Tracheal stenosis
- Endobronchial ultrasounds
- Lung cancer screening
- Navigation bronchoscopy
- Radial ultrasounds
- Airway stenting
- Airway thermoplasty
- Airway valves for the treatment of broncho-pleural fistulas
- Dilation and repair of tracheal stenosis and tracheobronchomalacia
- Endobronchial tumor ablation with laser and other techniques
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided aspiration of lymph nodes
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Treatment of complicated malignant and non-malignant pleural effusion with indwelling catheter and medical pleuroscopy
Patients with lung and respiratory conditions have the opportunity to enroll in clinical trials, which aim to improve treatment protocols and patient outcomes.