Programs and services designed to help communities on their path to health.
UCHealth demonstrates community health leadership by providing and participating in a broad range of community health initiatives and programs, across the Colorado Front Range and beyond.
In northern Colorado
Community health educators in northern Colorado have been keeping our region healthy for more than 30 years.
All programs are client- and community-centered and meet community needs through evidence-based best practices for health education, promotion, and protection, preventive services, chronic disease self-management, safety, and injury prevention.
Aspen Club senior services provides health education, prevention and healthy aging programs/services for adults age 50 and forward.
Bright by Text. This nationwide text messaging service helps parents and caregivers of children prenatal to age eight make the most of everyday interactions through free tips, information, games and resources.
Care Management programs
- Healthy Harbors program: provides intensive, community-based care management and supportive services to pediatric patients and families who have complex medical and/or behavioral health care needs or barriers to accessing care and resources, who also have Larimer County Department of Human Services involvement or history.
- Medicaid Accountable Care Collaborative (MACC) program: provides intensive, community-based care management and supportive services to Medicaid patients who have complex medical and/or behavioral health care needs, or barriers to accessing care and resources.
- Postpartum Nurse Home Visit program: provides community health nurse visits to newborns and families covered by Medicaid in their home environment or in one of CHI’s office or clinic sites.
Family Education. From prenatal hospital tours to childbirth, breastfeeding/chestfeeding and baby care classes, our nationally-certified instructors help build confidence and knowledge through education and hands-on training.
findhelp. This social care/social services directory is free to use and contains many resources.
Healthy Hearts and Minds. Programs designed to empower school-aged students, adults, and families with education, motivation, and inspiration to prevent heart disease and cultivate lifelong habits of physical health and emotional wellness. Program features include:
- School-based health education, school-based biometric screenings, adult wellness and a one-year lifestyle intervention family program with the goal of preventing cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.
- School-based and family events to promote health and wellness and include programs like BStrongBFit, Healthy Kids, Healthy Start, Healthy Kids 5210+ Challenge, Healthy Kids Run Series, and Healthy Kids Summer Challenge.
Injury prevention and outreach provides education, training and safety equipment for community members of all ages to increase awareness and decrease the number of injuries and trauma-related deaths in our community.
Health management programs (chronic disease self-management) offer evidence-based programs that provide participants with the skills necessary to set realistic goals and solve problems related to ongoing health issues.
Project SEARCH is a school-to-work transition program for young adults with significant intellectual and developmental disabilities. The students participating in Project SEARCH are fully immersed at the UCHealth hospital in their area to learn job skills with the goal of securing competitive employment.
Stepping On is a a seven-week workshop designed to improve balance and reduce fall risk for those 60 years or older who live at home, do not have dementia but do have a fear of or history of falling.
Contributions to the community
To gain understanding around some of the metrics for our key community contributions, our 2022-2024 CHI Programs Update is now available. This data is from 2021-22 and was impacted by COVID-19. We continue to see programmatic growth and program impact across northern Colorado.
In metro Denver
- AIM program — At-Risk Intervention and Mentoring Program at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
- findhelp (social care/social services directory, free to use)
- Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) program at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
- Just Drive
- P.A.R.T.Y. – Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth
- Project SEARCH
- Stepping On