Healthy Hearts in northern Colorado
Celebrating 26 years!
38,466 students screened and 65,000 educated to date
Healthy Hearts is an outreach heart health screening and preventive education program. Our purpose is to educate students, families, and adults about how to live heart-healthy lifestyles to prevent heart disease.
We provide cardiovascular health screenings as a means to educate and empower students to make healthy choices and to identify children with elevated blood pressure and/or cholesterol for early intervention and motivation to develop heart-healthy lifestyles.
Healthy Hearts is improving the health of our community by:
- Conducting screenings to identify cardiovascular risks among elementary, middle, and high school students in northern Colorado.
>> Schools served 2017-18
- Providing a heart exploration and smoking lung demonstration.
>> Heart Exploration
- Participating in local and community events educating participants on the importance of healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Working with local school districts to advocate, promote, and advance school wellness.
- Providing hands-only CPR education in conjunction with Poudre Fire Authority.
>> Hands-only CPR
- Advancing stroke education, awareness, risk reduction and referral protocols as part of the Community Stroke Prevention Team.
For more information about Healthy Hearts, please call 970-624-1680 or email HealthyHearts@uchealth.org.
Positively impact the lives and health of our community! Make a donation to Healthy Hearts (on the donation page, select “Healthy Hearts”).