Where is BSBF held?
BSBF is most often held at school. However, we have also had successful programs held at recreation centers.
When is BSBF?
BSBF meets twice a week. BSBF programs meet for 75 minutes either before school or after school, depending on what works best for the team’s schedule. Because the culminating event is running a 5K together as a group, the BSBF programs are scheduled to begin exactly eight weeks out from specific local 5Ks that HKC partners with. Currently schools have the options for the following:
- Start in early September and run the 5K in early November.
- Start in early October and run the 5K in early December.
- Start in mid-January and run the 5K in mid-March.
- Start in early March and run the 5K in early May.
I am a parent of a 4th or 5th grade girl. How do I get my daughter signed up?
Take this information to your daughter’s school and inquire if they are planning to host a BSBF program. If not, please share this information and see if the school will support the program. It is not necessary that programs are coached by school staff, and we happily train interested parents to coach the program. However, most schools require that a school staff member attend the program for liability reasons. Inquire about your school’s policies.
I am interested in being a coach. How do I get this program started at my school?
Email Ally.Eden@uchealth.org with your interest in being included in the next “Train the Trainer” session of BstrongBfit.
How much does BSBF cost?
Thanks to the generous support of UCHealth, we are currently able to provide this program entirely free of charge. Healthy Kids Club provides your team with the following:
- Water bottles and t-shirts for participants
- Pasta Party before the 5K
- Entry for each participant into a 5K
- Flash drive with paperwork and registration forms
- Technical assistance and support
- 15 lesson plans
- Warm-up activities
- Detailed run/activity schedule
- Take-home journals and workout logs for the girls
How many schools can participate?
We currently have enough BSBF kits for seven schools to participate at one time. These seven slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that more than seven schools apply to participate, priority will be given to schools based on school free and reduced lunch numbers.