Just Drive is a free one-hour class delivered by safety experts, available to businesses and organizations in the Denver metro area as part of employee safety and wellness programs.
Take action against distraction to promote safe and responsible driving on Colorado roadways.
What is the problem?
Distracted driving now joins alcohol and speeding as a leading cause of motor vehicle injury collisions. Research has shown that talking on the phone while driving increases the risk of collision four times, while texting increases crash risk by 8-23 times.
The Colorado Department of Transportation states that distracted driving is a major factor in 40 Colorado traffic crashes every day.
What will employees learn?
- Risks associated with driving distracted.
- Consequences distracted driving can have on one’s life emotionally, physically, and financially.
- Practical strategies for reducing distracted driving habits and influencing others.
- Distracted driving laws in Colorado.
What are the potential benefits for employers?
- Demonstrate concern for employee health and safety.
- Reinforcement of agency cell phone policies.
- Safer employees on the road, both on and off the job.
- Contribute to improving safety on Colorado’s roadways.
For more information or to schedule a class, contact Laurie Lovedale at [email protected] or call 720.848.5165.