Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.
The Stepping On program
The Stepping On program consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks.
Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training.
- The role that vision plays in keeping your balance.
- How medications can contribute to falls.
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community.
- What to look for in safe footwear.
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home.
Is this workshop for you?
Stepping On is designed specifically for anyone who:
- Is 60 years or older.
- Has had a fall in the past year.
- Is fearful of falling.
- Lives at home.
- Does not have dementia.
Classes are offered throughout the year.