What is Stepping On?
Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.
It consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks. Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role that vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
Is this workshop for you?
Stepping On is designed specifically for anyone who:
- Is 60 years or older
- Has had a fall in the past year
- Is fearful of falling
- Lives at home
- Does not have dementia
Classes are offered throughout the year.
Have questions? Want to register?
In metro Denver, contact Laurie.Lovedale@uchealth.org or call (720) 848-4805.
In Colorado Springs, contact Lori.Morgan2@uchealth.org or call (719) 365-2872.
In Northern Colorado, contact Alison Weston at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-495-7502.