Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.
The Stepping On program
The Stepping On program consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks.
Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training.
- The role that vision plays in keeping your balance.
- How medications can contribute to falls.
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community.
- What to look for in safe footwear.
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home.
Is this workshop for you?
Stepping On is designed specifically for anyone who:
- Is 60 years or older.
- Has had a fall in the past year.
- Is fearful of falling.
- Lives at home.
- Does not have dementia.
Classes are offered throughout the year.
Have questions? Want to register?
- In metro Denver, contact [email protected] or call 720.848.4805.
- In Colorado Springs, contact [email protected] or call 719.365.2872.
- In Larimer county, contact Alison Weston at [email protected] or call 970.495.7502.
- In Longmont, contact Valorie Peaslee at [email protected] or call 720.718.1210.
The latest news in Stepping On
Nov. 15, 2019
Do you fear falling?
Aug. 24, 2018
A chance to walk without pain: Reduce...
May 8, 2017