In UCHealth facilities across the Colorado Front Range, you have access to the board-certified surgeons and advanced technologies that deliver the best possible surgical care in the Rocky Mountain region.
We perform thousands of operations each year—from minimally invasive outpatient and inpatient procedures to life-saving, multispecialty surgeries—and you benefit from our deep experience and collaborative approach.
Experts with a caring touch
At UCHealth, you’re in the caring and compassionate hands of our surgical care teams that include surgeons, anesthesiologists, surgical technologists, certified registered nurses, diverse clinical support staff, and nurse liaisons who help keep your family members and caregivers up to date with information from the operating room while a procedure is underway.
Surgical services we offer
Among the variety of surgical specialties available to you across the UCHealth system, you’ll find:
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Breast surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Cardiovascular (heart and blood vessel) surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Adrenalectomy – laparoscopic
- Pancreas surgery
- Parathyroidectomy, including minimally invasive
- General and vascular surgery
- Implantation surgery for medical devices such as pacemakers or defibrillators
- Neurological surgery
- OB/GYN (gynecologic) surgery
- Oral surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Spine surgery
- Thoracic (chest) surgery
- Transplant surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Urologic surgery
Advanced technology for exceptional care
You expect exceptional care from UCHealth. To provide it, our surgical teams and support staff use the latest technology and proven techniques.
Across the Colorado Front Range, our surgical facilities are equipped with a variety of advanced technologies such as robotic-assisted and voice-activated precision surgical systems, gamma radiation detection systems, Doppler ultrasound to precisely measure blood flow, harmonic scalpels that immediately seal incisions, and high-resolution video cameras and monitors that deliver detailed images.
Whenever possible, you’ll have the option of selecting a minimally invasive surgical approach. Minimally invasive techniques use advanced tools that often carry the benefits of smaller incisions, less pain, fewer complications, and faster recovery.
How you benefit
When you choose UCHealth for surgical services, you benefit from our system-wide commitment to quality of care and patient safety.
You can see and experience that through our:
- Five consecutive Magnet® designations (Poudre Valley Hospital) and five consecutive Magnet® designations (University of Colorado Hospital) awarded by the American Nursing Credentialing Center. These consecutive designations, which identify the best nursing care available anywhere, have been equaled by fewer than 40 hospitals in the world.
- Repeated ranking among the best hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, other health care rating services, and health care organizations that closely examine medical specialties.
- Multiple Nightingale Award winners for excellence in nursing care.
- Medical outcomes in many specialties that exceed state, regional, and national averages.