As you prepare for surgery at a UCHealth facility, you’ll want to consider your options, complete the necessary pre-procedure documents and evaluations, and carefully follow all instructions to ensure your safety and the success of the procedure.
Some of our facilities offer pediatric surgery tours, so be sure to ask about this service if you’re helping your child prepare for surgery.
UCHealth Pre-Procedural Impact Clinic in northern Colorado
At Medical Center of the Rockies and Poudre Valley Hospital
Your surgeon might refer you to the Impact Clinic for an in-depth preoperative consult. At this appointment, a nurse practitioner (NP) will gather important information about you and create a plan of care to optimize your health. This is to ensure you are in the best possible condition prior to your surgery, in coordination with your primary care provider (PCP), surgeon, and other specialists who might play a role in your care.
If you have an appointment scheduled at the Impact Clinic, here’s what to bring:
- A current list of your medications with doses, including over the counter medications, supplements, and herbals. If you prefer, you can bring your medications in the original containers.
- The name and contact information for your PCP and any other specialty providers you see regularly.
- Any relevant Diagnostic Study reports, such as:
- an EKG
- stress test
- carotid ultrasound
- cardiac catheterization
- pulmonary function test
- recent laboratory results
- pacemaker reports
- discharge reports for a recent hospitalization, or any other medical records you feel would be important to your care.
When your evaluation is completed, your Impact Clinic nurse practitioner will share a comprehensive overview of your health status with your surgeon and primary care provider.
Have questions or concerns? Call the Impact Clinic at 970.624.1555.