No matter the season, Coloradans of all fitness levels are doing their best to keep in shape. At UCHealth’s multiple Front Range locations, our sports medicine specialists treat both competitive and recreational athletes for sports injuries and related conditions.
Active people of all ages experience injuries from time to time. Our goal is to get you back on the go as quickly as possible. Our patients receive diagnostic tests and a physician’s evaluation on the same day in the same location. You benefit from a team of experts, including orthopedic specialists, radiologists, certified athletic trainers, and physical therapists.
Our orthopedic surgeons answer your questions about common injuries, and how to stay injury-free.
Visit “The latest in orthopedics,” our YouTube playlist.
UCHealth is the official health care sponsor of university athletics in Colorado, treating athletes from the CU Buffaloes and DU Pioneers. We also treat elite athletes from the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Rockies and other major league teams while our Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs is the official hospital for the U.S. Olympic Training Center.
But you don’t have to be a competitive or professional athlete to receive the same world-class orthopedic care they do. At UCHealth, our sports medicine teams specialize in results-oriented programs to get you back in motion. We also offer the only women-specific sports medicine program in the state. And our fellowship-trained and board-certified team is ranked number one in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report.
Every patient receives exceptional care, based on their needs, from a full range of specialists, including:
- Athletic trainers
- Emergency medicine
- Family sports medicine
- Internal medicine
- Orthopedic specialists
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapists
- Sports medicine specialists
- Sports nutritionists
Learn more about our programs to improve your performance.
Sports medicine – Conditions we treat
All sports injuries, including:
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- ACL tears
- Bursitis and tendonitis
- Meniscus and cartilage injuries
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder dislocations
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Joint arthritis
Services we provide
Among the sports medicine services we offer:
- The latest imaging techniques, such as MRI technology, for precise diagnosis of bone, spine and other injuries.
- PT and MRI are also available at all clinic locations.
- Innovative rehabilitation therapies and techniques for musculoskeletal problems.
- Education about techniques to prevent injuries.
- Advanced surgical techniques, including arthroscopic procedures for the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow and ankle.
We also specialize in:
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Meniscus repair and transplantation
- Stem cell therapy
- Ligament reconstruction
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP)
Diseases and conditions
- Achilles tendonitis and ruptures
- Ankle sprains and instability
- Bicep tendon ruptures
- Carpal tunnel
- Cartilage injuries of the shoulder
- Clavicle fractures
- Developmental dysplasia
- Frozen shoulder
- Hip instability
- Knee dislocations
- Knee instability
- Labral tears
- Ligament and cartilage tears
- Meniscal tear
- Osteochondritis dessicans (OCD) lesions
- Patella instability
- Patella tendon ruptures
- Patella tendonitis
- Rotator cuff tears and tendonitis
- Shoulder degeneration and arthritis
- Shoulder fractures
- Shoulder separation
- Shoulder tendonitis
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Throwing injuries of the elbow
- Trigger finger
- Wrist and elbow arthroscopy
- UCHealth CU Sports Medicine - Colorado Center
- UCHealth Foot and Ankle Center - Stapleton
- UCHealth Lone Tree Medical Center
- UCHealth Medical Fitness - Windsor
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - Briargate
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - East Loveland
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - Greeley
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - Longmont
- UCHealth Orthopedics Clinic - North Loveland
- UCHealth Sports Medicine Clinic - Printers Park
- UCHealth Sports Therapy Clinic - Colorado Center
- UCHealth SportsMed Clinic - Steamboat Springs
- UCHealth Steadman Hawkins Clinic - Denver
- UCHealth Steadman Hawkins Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Clinic - Denver