University of Colorado Hospital’s Cardiology & Heart Surgery practice is nationally recognized by US News & World Report.
The Cardiac & Vascular Center at University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver is a nationally-ranked program providing both surgical and non-surgical treatment of heart conditions such as valve defects, aneurysms, arrhythmia, and heart failure.
Our heart specialists provide personalized, respectful, and comprehensive specialty care to the multicultural community of Colorado and surrounding areas.
Our physicians are also teachers at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, so they are always at the forefront of the latest cardiovascular research and treatments.
In short, our doctors – and our facilities – are second to none.
University of Colorado Hospital’s Heart and Vascular program is nationally ranked by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Conditions we treat
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Advanced heart failure
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary valve disease
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Structural heart disease
- Venous disease
Services and treatments
- Artificial heart/mechanical circulatory support/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Cardiac catheterization/coronary intervention
- Cardiac rehabilitation and stress testing
- Cardiac surgery
- Cardiac transplantation
- Electrophysiology (EP)/heart rhythm
- General cardiology
- Imaging, including
- Interventional radiology
- Prevention/lipids (cholesterol)
- Vascular surgery
About your appointment
Here’s what to bring to your cardiac & vascular center appointment
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card
- Past medical records related to your diagnosis
- Clinic notes, test reports and imaging (CD) of any recent testing done at another facility
- A list of your medications
- Your referring physician’s office information
- Your primary care doctor’s office information
- Questions for your doctor
Awards and recognition
University of Colorado Hospital has demonstrated sustained achievement in ACTION Registry® for four consecutive quarters and met a performance standard of 90% for specific performance measures to receive this 2017 award.