The collaborative teams of skilled IR experts at UCHealth lead the field in providing a wide range of interventional radiology services and treatments in areas that include:
Biliary IR. Treats conditions of the biliary system.
- Biliary (bile duct) drainage and stenting
- Gastronomy (feeding) tube placement
Interventional oncology. Treats cancer-related conditions.
- Feeding tube access
- Needle biopsy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Renal cryoablation
- Selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT)
- Vascular access device placement
Neurointerventional radiology. Treats brain and vascular conditions.
- Arteriovenous malformation therapy
- Carotid and vertebral artery stenting for atheromatous disease and dissections
- Endovascular aneurysm
- Stroke therapy with both mechanical and medicinal approaches
Reproductive IR. Treats fertility and gynecologic issues—including uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome, and varicoceles—with IR techniques such as embolization.
Spine IR. Treats compression fractures in the spine.
Vascular IR. Treats a wide range of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels—such as aortic root conditions and abdominal or thoracic aneurysms—in collaboration with UCHealth cardiovascular teams.
- Acute aortic syndrome repair; techniques for aortic dissection and its complications
- Balloon angioplasty
- Central venous access
- Combined hybrid procedures with vascular surgery
- Coronary artery angioplasty
- Dissection fenestrations
- Endoleak repair
- Hemodialysis access maintenance
- Mechanical and medicinal approaches for thromboembolic disease (acute/chronic venous or pulmonary artery blockage)
- Percutaneous aneurysm repair
- Peripheral arterial intervention with hybrid surgical procedures
- Peripheral aneurysm repair for acute and chronic thoracic, abdominal, and iliac aneurysm
- Recanalization (opening) of blocked vessels
- Vascular stenting – Stent placement, stent graft placement