Experienced support beside you all the way
Cancer can be scary, complex and difficult to navigate. From managing multiple appointments to understanding medical terminology, it’s a lot to deal with. That’s why UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North pair oncology patients with specially trained nurse navigators who provide support from diagnosis through survivorship.
Services we provide
Your partner through thick and thin
If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you can count on your nurse navigator to help you advocate for your best interests and be your partner on your cancer journey. All of our nurse navigators are certified oncology nurses with the clinical expertise to care for cancer patients. And they specialize in specific cancer diagnoses, so they are highly knowledgeable in the unique and complex challenges associated with the disease.
At Memorial, your oncology nurse navigator:
- Is your advocate throughout your cancer journey.
- Coordinates, at all times, with your physician and other members of your care team.
- Teaches you about your specific type of cancer and helps you understand the information you receive from your doctors.
- Provides education about your specific treatment and helps plan your survivorship care.
- Ensures that you have access to the services you require and makes prompt access to care as seamless as possible.
- Is your source for education, information and support, including resources from Memorial’s cancer social work program
- Connects you with support groups, as well as places to buy apparel, prosthetic devices and wigs.