Radiation oncologists – part of your comprehensive cancer team
At UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central in Colorado Springs, our radiation oncology department is nationally accredited, with an entire treatment team dedicated to providing you with the most compassionate, highest-quality radiation oncology care in the region.
Our program is university-affiliated; here, you’ll have access to the experts at University of Colorado Cancer Center in metro Denver, the only comprehensive cancer center in Colorado designated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and one of just 45 in the country.
Why choose us
Services and treatments
At Memorial Hospital Central, we treat virtually all types of cancer, including pediatric cancer, using a full range of radiation modalities and techniques, including:
- Deep-inspiration breath hold (DIBH) and an optical surface monitoring system (OSMS) to maximize safety of breast cancer treatment through avoidance of heart irradiation.
- Ingested or injected radioisotope (nuclear medicine) cancer therapies.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with daily image guidance.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for low-risk breast cancer.
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment for gynecologic cancers.
- High-end radiation machines, including Varian TrueBeam linear accelerators.
- PET-CT simulator.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for treating brain tumors, AVMs and other lesions of the brain.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for targeting small cancers with very localized, high doses of radiation.