Being diagnosed with a brain or spinal tumor can be emotionally difficult. We provide specialized clinic options while providing comprehensive support to you and your family.
Neuro multidisciplinary clinic
Patients diagnosed with a brain or spine tumor are able to see all of our dedicated neurologic specialists involved in their care during one convenient visit. Patient appointments are scheduled on Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. Please call 719-365-6800 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment.
The Neuro multidisciplinary clinic is held weekly at our cancer center located at Memorial Hospital Central. Our target patient for this clinic is patients with tumors or cancers involving the brain or spine, including patients with new diagnoses or recurrent disease.
At this clinic you have a unique opportunity to talk with all of your providers and physicians in the same setting. We will work with you from the moment of diagnosis through the implementation and completion of a uniquely designed treatment plan. We want you to feel absolutely confident that we are providing you with the best treatment options available, options that are designed specifically for you.
A dedicated nurse navigator will help coordinate your care including future appointments including clinic visits, scans, treatments, and support services.
Our clinic’s collaborative team includes:
- Radiation oncologists
- Nurse practitioners & physician assistants
- Registered dietician
- Social worker
- Clinical research coordinator
- Oncology nurse navigator
- Clinic registered nurse
Conditions we treat
- Astrocytoma I-IV
- Oligodendroglioma I-III
- Astrocytoma I-IV
- Spinal cord tumors
- Vestibular schwannomas
- Central nervous system lymphomas
- Metastatic brain cancers
- Acoustic neuroma
- Paraneoplastic syndrome
- Neurological complications of cancer treatment
- Histiocytic disorders (ECD Certified Care Center)
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Other rare benign and malignant brain and spine tumors
- Multiple patient centered support groups
- Chair yoga
- Cancer Center dedicated psychologists & clinical social workers
- Oncology-certified nurse navigators
- Financial support counseling
- Neuropsychometric testing