UCHealth Cardiology at Memorial Hospital is a Colorado Springs cardiology and electrophysiology practice serving Southern Colorado. We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary services to our patients that assures an integrated heart care plan – and allows treatment to start sooner.
Our cardiologists and electrophysiologists work together to coordinate each patient’s heart care from the start. This team approach gives patients immediate expert medical opinions, which assures an integrated heart care plan and allows treatment to start sooner.
Highest Quality Cardiology and Electrophysiology Care
Our cardiology team is nationally recognized and committed to providing the highest quality care in the region.
Faster Heart Attack Care
Time is muscle. At Memorial, the average door-to-balloon time is 52 minutes, considerably faster than the national average of 64 minutes.
About your appointment
Here’s what to bring to your Heart & Vascular Center appointment:
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card
- Past medical records related to your diagnosis
- Clinic notes, test reports and imaging (CD) of any recent testing done at another facility
- A list of your medications
- Your referring physician’s office information
- Your primary care doctor’s office information
- Questions for your doctor
Awards and recognition
ACC Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation Accreditation
The American College of Cardiology has recognized UCHealth Memorial Hospital for its demonstrated expertise and commitment in treating patients with chest pain.
UCHealth Memorial Hospital was awarded Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation based on rigorous onsite evaluation of the staff’s ability to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
Hospitals that have earned ACC Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation Accreditation have proven exceptional competency in treating patients with heart attack symptoms and have primary PCI available 24/7 every day of the year.
Nationally Recognized Program
- Recipient of the 2012 Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry, ACTION Registry—Get with the Guidelines for Acute Myocardial Infarction Quality Care.
- Platinum is the highest achievement offered by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology.
- Awarded a three-star rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the highest rating available.
- Memorial was the first hospital in Colorado to offer hybrid ablation for patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Memorial is the only hospital in southern Colorado with a cardiac PET scan.
- Memorial is the only hospital in southern Colorado with a congestive heart failure clinic.
- Memorial is a regional leader in women’s heart health research.
- David A. Rosenbaum, MD, FACC, a Memorial-based cardiologist, will serve as the 2013-2016 Governor for the American College of Cardiology for the State of Colorado.