Innovative care, closer to home
Through partnerships with the National Cancer Institute, to industry sponsored trials, to our relationship with the University of Colorado Cancer Center, our patients are given access to a wide variety of clinical trials.
We are dedicated to providing our patients the opportunity to participate in novel and innovative trials while receiving their treatment close to home in concert with the provider treating you. Your provider continues to be part of care. Estimates show that in the US there is a 3% participation rate in clinical trials; however here at Memorial 8% of our patients chose to join a clinical trial in 2014.
What are clinical trials?
Clinical trials help answer questions regarding new treatments or innovative ways of using existing therapies. They may also include preventative studies or trials that are designed to monitor your quality of life while undergoing treatment. All trials are governed by strict guidelines and have oversight to protect the safety and well-being of all participants. Participation is always voluntary and your physician will discuss trial opportunities that may be available for you.
Please review our current available clinical trials below. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of all of our open clinical trials. Call 719-365-5665 to get more information.
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer (colon, rectal, esophageal, hepatocellular and pancreatic)
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Head and Neck, Melanoma and Sarcoma
- Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood-related diseases
- Lung Cancer
Oncology clinical research team
A team of 6 clinical research nurses and associates, led by Oncology Research Medical Director Robert Hoyer, support local access to clinical trials by:
- Explaining clinical trials and supporting patients’ decisions around participation.
- Screening, consenting and enrolling interested patients.
- Coordinating clinical trial patient care with UCHealth Medical Group and University of Colorado Medicine physicians.
- Joining together with your existing care team to provide additional support throughout your treatment.
For additional information or questions, please call 719-365-5665