UCHealth offers physician-managed care that emphasizes the wellness and healing of the entire person.
What is integrative medicine?
Integrative medicine is the blending of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) therapies with conventional care for the prevention and treatment of health conditions and the pursuit of wellness.
This melding of traditional medical care with the centuries-old healing arts can help decrease stress, strengthen the immune system, reduce pain, and speed recovery.
Our integrative medicine team collaborates with each other, your other healthcare providers at UCHealth, and any outside providers to help you get the most from the integration of CAM and conventional care.
Why choose UCHealth for integrative medicine?
Our holistic approach treats each patient for balance and wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. Services are customized for your unique needs.
We believe that wellness is not defined by the presence—or absence—of disease. Rather, wellness is the pursuit of the best quality of life in your present circumstances regardless of your medical condition.
Whether you’re fighting a disease, recovering from a disease, or striving to maintain good health, we can help you achieve optimal well-being.
Conditions that benefit from integrative medicine
Integrative medicine can help nearly everyone. Here’s a sample of conditions treated.
- Anxiety and depression
- Back and neck pain
- Cancer and cancer prevention
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Headaches and migraines
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Sleep disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management
Integrative medicine services and therapies
At UCHealth, you can take advantage of safe, effective, and research-based therapies and treatments for your best health.
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Experienced TCM practitioners provide acupuncture and Chinese massage along with any appropriate Chinese herbal recommendations.
- Chiropractic care. Personalized chiropractic care that takes a conservative and practical approach to your health and wellness.
- Herb and supplement consultations. A pharmacist will review any medications, herbs, and supplements you take to make sure there are no negative interactions or unnecessary or harmful substances. We’ll also recommend any supplements to enhance your care.
- IVF acupuncture. Done on the day of transplant to increase the success rate of embryo implantation.
- Massage therapy. Our certified massage therapists have extensive experience helping patients with complex conditions.
- Mind/body therapy. Psychological and behavioral counseling that may include biofeedback, mindfulness, and other techniques.
- Nutritional counseling. A registered dietitian provides you with individualized advice on how to use food or supplements to maintain health and treat or prevent illness.
- Oncology massage and acupuncture. Shown to offer relief from cancer symptoms, stress, and treatment.
- Prenatal massage, chiropractic care, and acupuncture. Our therapists adapt their techniques to safely address the needs of pregnant women.
- Spiritual counseling. Individual counseling is available from chaplains with training in interfaith spirituality.