Expert pregnancy, childbirth and newborn care
UCHealth’s Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies, University of Colorado Hospital, and Memorial Hospitals Central and North have been designated as Baby-Friendly hospitals. Longs Peak Hospital is on the journey to obtain Baby Friendly designation, and all UCHealth hospitals strive to create the best possible environment for mothers to successfully breastfeed their babies.
Expecting a bundle of joy? UCHealth is proud to welcome thousands of babies into the world each year. With state-of-the-art birth facilities and a network of highly skilled obstetricians and birth specialists along the Front Range, UCHealth offers everything you need for a happy, healthy birth experience.
Note that not all services are available at each location. Please confirm service availability with your program/clinic of choice.
Why choose UCHealth for maternity care and childbirth?
We offer comprehensive services, from prenatal care through labor, delivery and recovery:
- Certified nurse-midwives, obstetricians, family medicine doctors and maternal-fetal medicine (high-risk pregnancy) specialists
- Lactation consultants at all hospitals, each specially trained to teach the best breastfeeding methods and provide personal support and counseling
- Level III neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) — the top facilities of their kind in the region — equipped to care for seriously ill newborns 24 hours a day
- Modern family-centered birth centers at convenient locations staffed 24/7 by obstetricians and pediatric specialists
- Prenatal genetic testing to help identify potential genetic issues before you conceive
- Ultrasound, amniocentesis, and other tests and imaging services
Find more pregnancy-related information anytime in our Health Library.
A national referral center for patients with complex pregnancies
UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado jointly established a national referral center for patients with complex pregnancies and offers integrated maternal and fetal care for families with a known or suspected fetal anomaly. This partnership includes the University of Colorado School of Medicine.