Welcome to the Northern Colorado Rural EMS page. This page is designed to serve as an:
- Organizational site for Emergency Medical Technicians in northern Larimer County and western Weld County.
- Informational site for EMS agencies and individual providers that have Poudre Valley Hospital emergency physicians as online medical control and Dr. Darren Tremblay as physician advisor.
- Educational site for EMS continuing education, refresher education and skill proficiencies.
- Glacier View Fire Department
- Johnstown Fire Protection District
- Livermore Fire Department
- Milliken Fire Protection District
- Platte River Power Authority QRT
- Poudre Canyon Fire Department
- Poudre Fire Authority
- Red Feather Lakes Fire Department
- Rist Canyon Fire Department
- Wellington Fire Department
- Windsor Severance Fire Rescue
Special Operation Team Members
- Canyon Lakes Ranger District
- Colorado State Parks
- Larimer County Emergency Services
- Larimer County Department of Natural Resources
- Larimer County Dive Rescue Team
- Larimer County Search And Rescue
- Roosevelt Hotshots
- TEMS Members
Poudre Valley Hospital EMT Reserves
The Poudre Valley Hospital EMT Reserve Program is the volunteer branch of PVH Emergency Medical Service which serves the Fort Collins, Colorado, area.
Our mission is to provide community service, public education and vocational experience for local EMTs.
The EMT Reserve Program is designed to assist charitable, nonprofit and other organizations with emergency medical standby and public education. The PVH EMT Reserves also creates public awareness of the local Emergency Medical Services system.
If you are certified as an EMT-B or Paramedic in the state of Colorado, you may be able to work with the PVH EMT Reserves. If you love to volunteer and serve the community in a special way, please join us! Download and complete the application and take the required documents to the Poudre Valley Hospital (PVH) Volunteer Office, located inside PVH’s main entrance.
The PVH EMT Reserve program is the volunteer extension of PVH Emergency Medical Service. We work, train and provide resource support for the Advanced Life Support Ambulances. As a member you are encouraged to ride along on “911” ambulances to improve your skills. You will provide all phases of Basic Life Support care as your experience grows. Many of PVH EMS employee’s got their start in the EMT Reserves and PVH EMS takes seriously that experience within their system.
We always are excited to welcome new people on board. We hire once a month depending on staffing needs. The EMT Reserve interview process includes testing based the National Registry standards. The process includes a 50 question multiple choice exam, interview and patient assessment skill station.
UCHealth Volunteers will be required to have a pre-screen drug test.
Requirements of membership:
- Valid National Registry EMT or Paramedic Certificate
- Valid Colorado EMT-B or Paramedic Certification
- Valid CPR
- Driver’s Licence
- 16 hours per month
- Annual TB test, Flu vaccination and N95 Fit Test
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The application process is usually scheduled monthly and includes a written test, skills assessment and interview. Successful applicant will have to pass a criminal background check.