Powered by CU Orthopedics.
The nationally-ranked Orthopedics program at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver provides expert care and treatment for injuries and conditions involving bones, joints and muscles.
We provide you with the highest quality, professional and ethical care for your musculoskeletal conditions and injuries.
Our physicians and specialists are experts in their fields, with long experience treating patients both young and old who have a wide range of active and not-so-active lifestyles.
Conditions we treat
Come see us for any of the following:
- ACL injuries
- Knee tendon bursitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cartilage & ligament damage
- Foot injuries
- Hamstring injuries
- Hip replacement
- Injury prevention
- Joint preservation & replacement
- Ligament & cartilage tears
- Meniscus tears
- Knee replacement
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder dislocation
- Sports performance
- Sprains, strains, & fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger finger
Why we're #1 in Colorado
- Our ranking as one of the nation’s top orthopedics programs by U.S. News & World Report is proof that we deliver a level of care that’s unmatched in Colorado. We are also nationally ranked by Becker’s Hospital Review, and our team is proud to be ranked among 5280’s Tops Docs.
- We are designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield as a Blue Distinction Center+ (BDC+) for knee and hip replacement. This means we’ve met quality standards and cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare.
- We perform minimally invasive techniques and outpatient procedures whenever possible, but should you need surgery, our experienced team performs nearly 6,000 a year.
- Working in the productive environment of an academic medical center, our fellowship-trained physicians use the most advanced treatments and technologies to create a pioneering, interdisciplinary approach to orthopedic care.
- Our research division is constantly investigating ground-breaking techniques and treatments, making sure you receive the best of the best to get you back in motion.
Patient success stories
Video: Teaming up to rope and recover – Archie Chant
A Wyoming rancher nearly died in a terrible head-on crash. By chance, fate brought him to just the right doctor: a fellow cowboy who could help him get back in the saddle again.
Video: Kim Hess, a love story
Kim Hess, from Steamboat Springs, sustained a hand and wrist break on her descent from the summit of Denali in Alaska. Hess made a startling statement to the UCHealth hand surgeon contemplating the complex surgery to repair three broken bones: You need to make my hand perfect. I’m climbing Everest next year.
Limb Restoration program
Through multidisciplinary collaboration of several specialty services to diagnose and treat these challenging cases, our team is dedicated to restoring limb(s) and returning them to function.
There are many conditions and problems that can put your limbs at risk such as infections, tumors and trauma. UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital’s Limb Restoration program is a one-stop destination that provides comprehensive services for patients.
Our multidisciplinary Limb Restoration team meets every week to review and consult on all cases, ensuring collaboration on the best treatment plan for each individual.
To facilitate timely response and coordination of care, we have a full-time Limb Restoration Program Care Concierge on staff to answer calls, arrange for consultations, and schedule appointments, evaluations and follow-up. Our Care Concierge is a nurse practitioner specifically trained in multidisciplinary care of these patients.
At UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital, we offer a unique program dedicated to patients with extremity amputation and difficulty with traditional prosthesis fitting (socket fitting). From initial assessment to surgery and rehabilitation, our expert team of orthopedic surgeons, physician assistants, nurses and rehabilitation specialists are trained for all your individual needs.
What is osseointegration?
Osseointegration of the limb is a surgical procedure used for permanent placement of artificial limbs connected to the human skeleton. A metal prosthesis is anchored into the amputated extremity bone. This allows a connecting rod to pass through the skin and attach to the prosthesis.
Who is a candidate for osseointegration?
You may be a candidate if you experience the following:
- Problems with your prosthesis socket (pain, skin irritation, perspiration)
- Walking distance is limited because of your prosthesis socket
- Discomfort sitting with your prosthesis socket
- Difficulty keeping your prosthesis on or in place during daily activities
To learn more, or to schedule an appointment with our team, call us at 720.848.1900.
Videos from our providers
Billing and Insurance
Our office participates with many different insurance companies. Because insurance plans, policies and laws often change, please contact your insurance company to see if we are a contracted provider. >> Find insurance and billing information.
Please notify us if you have an insurance plan change, coverage change or insurance loss so we can properly bill your claims in a timely manner.