The nationally-ranked Orthopedics program at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver provides care and treatment for injuries and conditions involving bones, joints and muscles.
We provide you with the highest quality, professional and ethical care for your musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. Our physicians and specialists are experts in their fields, with long experience treating patients both young and old who have a wide range of active and not-so-active lifestyles.
University of Colorado Hospital’s Orthopedics program is nationally ranked by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Conditions we treat
Come see us for any of the following:
- ACL injuries
- Knee tendon bursitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cartilage & ligament damage
- Foot injuries
- Hamstring injuries
- Hip replacement
- Injury prevention
- Joint preservation & replacement
- Ligament & cartilage tears
- Meniscus tears
- Knee replacement
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder dislocation
- Sports performance
- Sprains, strains, & fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger finger
Why we're #1 in Colorado
- Our ranking as one of the nation’s top orthopedics programs by U.S. News & World Report is proof that we deliver a level of care that’s unmatched in Colorado. We are also nationally ranked by Becker’s Hospital Review, and our team is proud to be ranked among 5280’s Tops Docs.
- We perform minimally invasive techniques and outpatient procedures whenever possible, but should you need surgery, our experienced team performs more than 4,000 a year.
- Working in the productive environment of an academic medical center, our fellowship-trained physicians use the most advanced treatments and technologies to create a pioneering, interdisciplinary approach to orthopedic care.
- Our research division is constantly investigating ground-breaking techniques and treatments, making sure you receive the best of the best to get you back in motion.
Patient success stories
Video: Teaming up to rope and recover – Archie Chant
A Wyoming rancher nearly died in a terrible head-on crash. By chance, fate brought him to just the right doctor: a fellow cowboy who could help him get back in the saddle again.
Video: Kim Hess, a love story
Kim Hess, from Steamboat Springs, sustained a hand and wrist break on her descent from the summit of Denali in Alaska. Hess made a startling statement to the UCHealth hand surgeon contemplating the complex surgery to repair three broken bones: You need to make my hand perfect. I’m climbing Everest next year.
Limb Restoration Program
Through multidisciplinary collaboration of several specialty services to diagnose and treat these challenging cases, our team is dedicated to restoring limb(s) and returning them to function.
There are many conditions and problems that can put your limbs at risk such as infections, tumors and trauma. UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital’s Limb Restoration Program is a one-stop destination — providing comprehensive services for patients.
Our multidisciplinary Limb Restoration team meets every week to review and consult on all cases, ensuring collaboration on the best treatment plan for each individual.
To facilitate timely response and coordination of care, we have a full-time Limb Restoration Program Care Concierge on staff to answer calls, arrange for consultations, and schedule appointments, evaluations and follow-up. Our Care Concierge is a Nurse Practitioner specifically trained in multidisciplinary care of these patients.