We provide a wide range of health care for patients with infectious diseases, including HIV, at University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver. Our TEAM clinic provides health services for international travelers.
We offer access to the latest clinical developments and research. We strive to understand our patients and their needs. And we are committed to educating patients and their families about HIV and other infectious diseases.
Conditions we treat
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS primary care
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent HIV (PrEP)
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- 24-hour physician access
- Nursing care
- Psychiatric care
- Social work services
- Access to clinical trials
- Women’s program
- Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy Program
- Infectious disease consultation
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Infections complicating transplants
- Dietary consultation
About your appointment
What to bring to Your infectious disease appointment
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card. If covered by a spouse’s policy, know your spouse’s date of birth and Social Security number
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance company
- Previous medical records. You also can arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Name, address and phone number of the referring doctor (if relevant)
International travelers - TEAM - clinic
(TEAM / Travel and Tropical Medicine, Expedition, and Altitude Medicine clinic)
Before traveling overseas, you need to make sure your immunizations are up to date. You also need information on how to stay healthy in the countries you plan to visit.
Call us at 720.848.0191.
Some of the more common travel-related illnesses include:
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Dengue Fever
If you get sick after a trip, especially if you went overseas, you also may want to seek care from a travel health specialist upon your return to the United States.
Our doctors and nurses have special training in infectious diseases and travel health. We work with you to prevent health problems before, during and after your travels. Our recommendations are based on the latest research and proven treatments.
The International Travelers clinic is an official yellow fever vaccination center. This is determined by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. We can provide travelers with the International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) for yellow fever.