The Family Medicine Center is located two blocks north of Poudre Valley Hospital at 1025 Pennock Place.
For more information on our prenatal care program, please call 970.495.8824.
The Poudre Valley Prenatal (PVP) program at the Family Medicine Center in Fort Collins provides complete pre- and post-pregnancy care for low-income women in northern Larimer County.
PVP services are provided by medical residents working under the direction of experienced obstetricians who oversee the program. Nurses, a social worker and other support staff also provide expert care.
Prenatal & maternity care services
Our comprehensive services for pregnant women include:
- Blood tests, pap smears, cultures and urinalysis, ultrasound, health education and counseling
- Labor and delivery care at Poudre Valley Hospital
- Postpartum care for six weeks after your baby’s birth
- Prenatal care and birth classes
- Assistance with Medicaid applications and scheduling WIC appointments
About the Poudre Valley Prenatal Program
Our prenatal care assistance program was founded in 1989 as a collaborative effort involving community members, physicians, the Poudre Valley Hospital Foundation and the Kellogg Foundation, which provided a grant to help fund the initiative. Residents of Larimer County who meet certain financial guidelines can become a PVP patient.