I believe in an individualized approach when treating my patients. The patient’s overall condition, as well as their beliefs and expectations, are as important as the laboratory and radiology findings. Patients should have an understanding of their condition as well as all of the options available for treatment and appropriate expectations for each. It is my job to provide this information and help with this understanding in addition to having the appropriate expertise to treat the underlying condition.
Working at UCHealth provides the opportunity to join a team that provides excellent care as well as the opportunity to return to the community that I previously called home.
Neurosurgery allows me to make a significant impact in the lives of my patients while in an environment that is constantly evolving and improving patient care.
Beyond caring for patient, I enjoy spending time with family and traveling.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System - Brain Tumors, Brain and Nervous System - General Neurosurgery, Brain and Nervous System - Pituitary Disorders, Brain and Nervous System - Stroke, Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology, Neurological Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Malformations
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH (2007)
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (2010)
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (2012)
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (2013)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Neurological Surgeons Member Neurological Surgery 2016
- Clinical interest for patients
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Carotid artery stenting
- Endoscopic treatment of pituitary tumors
- Open and minimally invasive treatment of brain tumors
- Surgical treatment of movement disorders
- Disorders of the peripheral nerves
- Degenerative disorders of the spine
- Research interest for patients
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Endovascular technology
- Research to improve patient outcomes
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.