How do I create an MHC account?
Step 1: Go to the My Health Connection page and select “Sign up now.”
Step 2: Answer the questions and create an account using your email address and date of birth. Then select “Sign-up.”.
Step 3: You will be taken to a form page where you will fill out the requested information, which includes choosing your username and password. Then select “Create.”
Step 4: Once you have created your username and password, you will be able to access your account.
My Health Connection feature comparison of mobile app vs website
|Feature||My Health Connection Website||UCHealth Mobile App|
|Message your doctor||X||X|
|Refill a prescription||X||X|
|View test results||X||X|
|Schedule an appointment||X||X|
|Pay your bill||X||X|
|View other family members’ information||X||X|
|Update personal information & preferences||X||X|
|Integrate health and fitness data with your medical record||X||X|
|View visit summary||X||X|
|Consents and forms||X||X|
|View open notes||X|
|Export your medical record||X|
When can I see my lab/test results or why are they not appearing in My Health Connection?
Many test results are released to your My Health Connection within 24 hours. Tests of very sensitive nature are not released until you are contacted by your provider. In general:
- Laboratory tests, x-rays and most ultrasounds release immediately, with a few exceptions.
- CT, MRI, PET, Mammograms release to patients after 7-day delay.
- Pathology and Cytology release to patients after 14 days.
You may contact your clinic directly to ask them about releasing your results.
If some of my health information on My Health Connection is not correct or is incomplete, what should I do (such as general info, medication lists, etc.)?
Your My Health Connection information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your provider’s office. If you believe something is incorrect, contact your provider.
Why can’t I request a refill for all of my medications?
If you are refilling your medications through the “Refill My Medications” quick link on the website or by clicking refill on the mobile app, you can only renew prescriptions that were filled by UCHealth pharmacies. For prescriptions that you have filled at other pharmacies, please contact that pharmacy or your provider.
If I send a message to my provider or nurse, when can I expect a reply?
For non-urgent medical advice, you will generally receive an answer within two business days.
NOTE: Please contact your provider directly if the situation requires immediate attention, or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
How can I see my provider’s note from my visit?
To access your provider’s note follow the below steps:
- Appointments and Visits
- Click the appointment you want to view
- At top of page, click on NOTES tab to be taken directly to your provider’s note
- PLEASE NOTE: UCHealth mobile app will not display your provider’s note. Please login to your MHC account from your computer web browser to view. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- More information about Open Notes: Our research indicates that patients who read their providers’ notes understand their medical condition better, and develop a more trusting relationship with their providers, resulting in better outcomes. Read more about the national Open Notes initiative at opennotes.org.
How do I change who is listed as my primary care provider (PCP) in My Health Connection?
Contact your clinic to make this change for you.
Can I view another person’s health record in My Health Connection?
Visit Sharing My Health Connection accounts for details and forms.
- My Health Connection Website: From the top navigation menu, go to “Tools” and “Share My Account”.
- UCHealth Mobile App: You will need to share your account through the My Health Connection website (see above directions). If you already have a shared account, you can find that account by clicking on the menu button in the top left of your screen, go to “Family” and find the shared account.
Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my own My Health Connection account?
My Health Connection offers an adult and child authorization access feature. Please read the “Share My Health Connection Accounts” section on this page for more information.
Can my spouse and I share one My Health Connection account?
My Health Connection does offer an adult and child authorization access feature. Please read the ‘Can I view a family member’s health record in My Health Connection?’ section above for more details.
Can I view more than one My Health Connection account at the same time?
No, only one account can be logged in at a time.
Where can I update my personal information (home address, phone or email)?
Log into My Health Connection and from the top navigation menu, go to “Settings” and “Personal Information”.
Where can I change my password?
- My Health Connection Website: Log into My Health Connection and from the top navigation menu, go to “Settings” and “Security Settings”.
- UCHealth Mobile App: Go to the Menu in the top left corner and click on “Settings”.
How is my My Health Connection secure?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, usernames and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without it. Further, My Health Connection is accessed using current compatible browsers with the latest SSL encryption technology during your session with My Health Connection. Unlike conventional email, all My Health Connection messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
I was logged out of My Health Connection – what happened?
We aim to protect your privacy and security of your information. While logged into My Health Connection, if your keyboard remains idle for 20 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of My Health Connection. We recommend that you log out of your My Health Connection session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
When I try to log in, why does it just take me back to the login page?
Delete your browser’s cache and cookies (see below), close all of your open browser windows, and then try to log in again. If you’re using Internet Explorer, it’s notorious for caching pages and showing them when it shouldn’t. Make sure you change the following setting in IE:
- Go to Tools, then Internet Options.
- Under the Browsing History section on the General tab, click the “Delete” button.
- Check only the Temporary Internet files and the Cookies boxes, and then click the “Delete” button.
- Under the Browsing History section on the General tab, click the “Settings” button.
- Make sure that the button labeled “Every time I visit the web page” is selected.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Click the final “OK” button.
- Close all programs and restart your computer.
If you’re using another type of browser, refer to your browser’s Help function for more information. Deleting the cache will tell your browser to always look for a new version of the current web page and display it instead of a cached version. It usually alleviates the issue that you were having
What do these error messages mean?
- Message – The username/password entered is not valid. Please try again.
Action – Remember, passwords are CASE sensitive (i.e. ‘Password’ is not the same as ‘PASSword’).
Use the “I forgot my username” and/or “I forgot my password” links to ensure that you’re using the correct credentials. Often, people use their email address for their username when their username isn’t their email address.
- Message – The username/password entered is not valid. Please try again.
Action – Use the “I forgot my username” and/or “I forgot my password” links to ensure that you’re using the correct credentials. Often, people use their email address for their username when their username isn’t their email address.
Who do I contact if I have additional technical questions?
If you have additional questions about how to access your account or navigate within My Health Connection, please use the contact us email form and select My Health Connection in the reason drop down. You can also call us toll-free at 1-855-395-9031.
Support Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST.
Depending on volumes, please allow up to one business day for to receive a reply. The Contact Us form is not a secure email account and should NOT be used for sharing personal identity or medical information. We recommend only providing your full name and email information. Do NOT send your username and password in the same email and never give your entire Social Security number to anyone.
Is there a fee to use My Health Connection?
My Health Connection is a free service offered to our patients.
What operating systems does the mobile app support?
- Android version 7.0 and higher
- Apple iPhone version 10.0 and higher