When you choose UCHealth for your labor and delivery, you have access to some of the top obstetric providers in the country, as well as specially trained nurses who provide expertise, compassion and comfort based on decades of experience.
UCHealth is proud to welcome thousands of babies into the world each year. We look forward to making your experience as personal, comfortable and special as possible at this exciting time.
Note that not all services are available at each location. Please confirm service availability with your program/clinic of choice.
Full-service labor & delivery facilities
UCHealth childbirth accommodations vary from facility to facility, but all are comfortable, modern and family centered, featuring private rooms equipped with everything you need to assure the safe delivery of your baby.
Our obstetric and pediatric specialists are available around the clock for any complications that may arise. Should you go into labor prematurely, you have access to our specialized high-risk pregnancy care.
All of our facilities practice patient and family centered care, which is an approach to planning, delivery, and evaluation of healthcare that is grounded in mutually beneficial partnerships among patients, families and healthcare practitioners. It is founded on the understanding that the family plays a vital role in ensuring the health and well-being of patients of all ages.
Following labor and delivery, our goal is to keep you and your baby together as much as possible to promote bonding and help you learn to take care of your little one with guidance from our compassionate care team. We encourage skin-to-skin contact in the first hour of life and throughout your stay (including in the NICU and Special Care Nursery) as it has many benefits for you and your family, including creating strong feelings of bonding and attachment between you and your baby.
Specialized maternity care
Additional services we provide include:
- Breastfeeding support
- Certified nurse midwives, obstetricians and maternal-fetal medicine specialists for high-risk pregnancies
- Labor pain management options – please confirm availability at the program of your choice; options vary between hospitals
- Epidural anesthesia
- Labor tools such as aromatherapy, birthing balls, combs, squat bars and positioning guides
- Nitrous oxide gas
- Sterile water block
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) for newborns requiring special care
Learn more about all aspects of childbirth at our online Health Library.
Planning to deliver at Poudre Valley Hospital or Medical Center of the Rockies? Pre-register now for your labor and delivery.
Recent news in Labor & delivery
- UCHealth Birth Center - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Birth Center - Longs Peak Hospital
- UCHealth Birth Center - Medical Center of the Rockies
- UCHealth Birth Center - Memorial Hospital Central
- UCHealth Birth Center - Memorial Hospital North
- UCHealth Birth Center - Poudre Valley Hospital
- UCHealth Birth Center - Yampa Valley Medical Center
- UCHealth Center for Midwifery - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Center for Midwifery - Boulder
- UCHealth Center for Midwifery - Lone Tree
- UCHealth Center for Midwifery - Lowry
- UCHealth Lone Tree Medical Center
- UCHealth Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic - Memorial Hospital Central
- UCHealth Midwifery Clinic - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Memorial Hospital Central
- UCHealth Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Poudre Valley Hospital
- UCHealth Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - University of Colorado Hospital
- UCHealth Special Care Nursery - Medical Center of the Rockies