UCHealth is dedicated to helping women of all ages take charge of their breast health through prevention and early detection of breast cancer and other conditions. Our specialists throughout the Rocky Mountain region offer state-of-the-art breast cancer imaging and testing services, comprehensive and compassionate care and ongoing breast health education.
Nationally recognized breast care centers
At UCHealth, you have access to renowned breast experts and leading-edge cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities, including:
- The Breast Diagnostic Center (Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley), an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- The Diane O’Connor Thompson Breast Center, part of the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the region (Metro Denver)
- The Mary Lou Beshears Breast Care Center, accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers under the American College of Surgeons (Colorado Springs)
Wherever you receive care, count on a dedicated team of specialists—including breast imaging radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists, breast surgeons, pathologists, geneticists and nurse navigators—all working closely together to design and deliver the best treatment plan for you.
Importance of regular breast exams
Routine breast cancer screenings are important for early detection. They include:
- Monthly self-breast exams
- Yearly breast exam, usually conducted at an annual gynecologic exam
- Yearly mammogram for women age 40 and older or younger women who are at high risk for developing breast cancer
- Other screenings that may be recommended for women who are at high risk for developing breast cancer
At UCHealth, you can schedule your breast examination with whomever makes you feel most comfortable—a doctor, nurse practitioner or certified nurse midwife. All of our breast health specialists provide the sensitive, confidential and high-quality care you expect and deserve.