The Fort Collins Family Medicine Program is currently following the updated recommendations from The Coalition for Physician Accountability’s Work Group on Medical Students Moving Across Institutions for Post Graduate Training. Please contact Kimberly Bell (contact info below) if you have any questions.
The Poudre Valley Hospital/Fort Collins Family Medicine Residency Program offers 4-week clerkships to medical students from LCME-accredited or AOA-approved medical schools. Clerkships are available for fourth-year students.
Our program requires that all fourth-year clerks plan to interview with us, and are interested in family medicine as a discipline.
Our focus is to provide students with an excellent experience in family medicine and extensive opportunity to become acquainted with our residency program and its faculty, residents, and educational systems.
Students will work with as many different faculty and residents as possible, in several different environments, including:
- Inpatient adult medicine rounds.
- Outpatient family medicine clinic.
- Poudre Valley Prenatal (PVP) clinic.
- Lifestyle medicine, counseling and wellness clinics.
- Nursing home visits.
- Procedure clinics.
- Sports Medicine clinic.
Our typical clerkship schedule includes one week of inpatient medicine, one week of night float and two weeks of outpatient medicine. This schedule can be altered to meet a medical student’s educational needs.
We want our visiting students to have both a quality family medicine experience and the opportunity to enjoy activities in northern Colorado. We hope the clerkship experience will be both rewarding and fun.
Requirements to be considered for a clerkship are:
- A personal statement outlining your interest in Family Medicine, and particularly coming to Fort Collins
- A copy of your official medical school transcript
- A copy of your COMLEX or USMLE score report for Step 1/Level 1
- A CV/resume
- A letter of recommendation from a family physician, which can be emailed to us, or sent to our office directly at the address below
- Proof of Workers’ Compensation insurance provided by your medical school
For more information, please contact: