Memorial Hospital, UCHealth Orthopedic program is designed with our patients in mind. We are here to help guide you through your total joint replacement by coordinating your care before, during and after your surgery. As a patient, your experience and satisfaction are extremely important to us. We have an Orthopedic Nurse Navigator to help make the process seamless.
The mission of Memorial Hospital, UCHealth Orthopedic Nurse Navigation is to provide coordinated patient and family centered care through navigation, collaboration and evidence-based-practice.
Our Orthopedic Nurse Navigator offer individualized care that extends beyond your total joint replacement. Our navigation program offers, free of charge, a specially trained registered nurse to support the patient and family with communications and care coordination between the members of your healthcare team. The nurse navigator will also provide education regarding your total joint replacement, to ensure you are prepared for surgery and your recovery.
At Memorial, your orthopedic nurse navigator:
- Is here to answer and questions or concerns you have about your procedure.
- Educates you and your family about your joint replacement to help make sure you are prepared for surgery, and the rehabilitation process.
- Facilitates communications between patients, staff and healthcare providers.
- Helps facilitate independence and decision making, by reducing anxiety and stress, and help address any barriers to care.
- Helps you get back to an active lifestyle.