The providers at the Women’s Care practices at University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver offer comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and care for all women – ranging from primary obstetrical and gynecological health care to advanced techniques in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
Services and conditions we treat
- Annual gynecologic exams
- Birth control management
- Breast health
- Cervical dysplasia
- Menopause care
- Menstrual disorders
- Minimally invasive gynecological surgeries
- Pregnancy care
- Sexual concerns: evaluation and treatment
- Uterine disorders
Obstetrics care to meet your needs
As a patient, not only are you cared for by professional OB specialists at the number one ranked hospital in Colorado (by US News and World Report), you also have access to a network of skilled maternal and fetal health physicians and surgeons should you or your baby require advanced care before and after birth. Our full OB offerings include:
- Preconception consulting
- Prenatal care
- Genetic testing and counseling
- On-site ultrasound
- Prenatal education classes
- Pregnancy and postpartum emotional support
- On-site ultrasound
- Labor and delivery
- Care for high risk pregnancy
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Breastfeeding support
Your prenatal care provider can connect you to programs and services to meet individual needs, such as:
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists for high-risk pregnancies
- Midwifery services and water birth options
- Teen pregnancy guidance at the Colorado Adolescent Maternity Program
- Emotional health support and assistance with the PROMISE clinic
Having your baby at University of Colorado Hospital
The University of Colorado Hospital Birth Center has comfort measures available to help you through labor, delivery and postpartum recovery, including:
- Pain relief options available like epidurals, analgesic and nitrous oxide. UCH was the first hospital in Colorado to offer nitrous oxide for labor.
- Anesthesiologists who specialize in obstetrics.
- Nurses who have received special training in lactation support.
- Lactation consultants.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Fitness balls and peanut balls.
- Large soaking tubs in labor rooms.
Specialty program: PCOS
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a complex disorder with multi-system effects, including on metabolic health, reproductive health, and psychological health. PCOS affects about 10% of people with ovaries between puberty and menopause.
Our PCOS Multi-Disciplinary Program team is dedicated to providing comprehensive and collaborative care to individuals with polycystic ovary syndrome. We provide team care to adult patients with PCOS across the life span.
To schedule an appointment in our Program, call the scheduling line for Anschutz Medical Campus – UCHealth Women’s Care at 720.833.5651 and request an appointment in the PCOS Multi-Disciplinary Program.
Have questions? Get answers!
Get helpful information from UCHealth Obstetrics and Gynecology staff members who offer insight into epidurals, breech birth, erythromycin, newborn screenings, preeclampsia, sleep positions, betamethasone, birth control, inducing labor, certified midwifery, what to bring to the hospital and much more.