Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! This is an exciting time for many families and we are honored to care for you during your pregnancy and childbirth. Each year, Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies welcome over 3,000 babies into the world.
Having a baby is such a special time in your life. We are honored to care for you during your labor and delivery and for you and your baby after your baby’s birth. Our expert team of healthcare providers delivers respectful, compassionate care, helping you throughout your labor, delivery and recovery.
- Vaginal delivery
- Vaginal delivery after c-section (VBAC)
- Cesarean section (c-section)
- High-risk delivery
- Level II Special Care Nursery, which routinely cares for infants born at 34 weeks gestation and later
- Nitrous oxide for labor
- UCHealth – Poudre Valley Hospital and UCHealth – Medical Center of the Rockies are the only hospitals in Northern Colorado to offer nitrous oxide as a labor pain relief option.
- Breastfeeding support
- Lactation consultants and nurses trained in supporting breastfeeding
- Outpatient lactation services
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Breastfeeding support for mothers with infants in the Special Care Nursery or Poudre Valley Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Individualized care plans for adoption, surrogate and gestational carrier families and high risk pregnancies. Please call 970.495.8256 for more information.
- Car seat inspections
- Baby Bistro: A specialty meal for you and your support person
- Comfortable, home-like private suite
- Jacuzzi tubs in most labor rooms
- Kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator for your support person
- Outdoor atrium area for family and visitors
- Private bathroom with shower
- Room service: breakfast, lunch and dinner options are available.
- Sleeper bench/couch
- TV and wi-fi access
Designations and awards
UCHealth – Medical Center of the Rockies is designated as a Baby-Friendly hospital. These hospitals have created the best possible environment for mothers to successfully breastfeed their babies and follow the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding as set forth by the Baby-Friendly Initiative. The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative is a global initiative of the World Health Organization and the United Nations Childrens Fund.
Medical Center of the Rockies is one of the few hospitals in the state to earn Magnet designation. The Magnet designation recognizes excellence in nursing services and is considered the gold standard in nursing practice.
Tours are offered through the UCHealth Family Education Department. Registration is required.
Please call 970-495-7500 for upcoming tour dates and to register for the parent preview tours or UCHealth birthing classes.