The UCHealth survivorship program is for any patient who has completed treatment. Many patients experience side effects that last long after the treatment is complete, a time when the number of visits decrease substantially.
A comprehensive follow-up with a team consisting of a nurse practitioner, oncology counselor and physical therapist will complete a comprehensive assessment and design an individualized survivorship care plan.
The plan consists of:
- Treatment summary (surgery, chemotherapy radiation)
- Follow up plan review (office visits, labs, imaging)
- Educational materials
- What to expect after treatment
- Late effects of treatment
- Lifestyle modification to reduce risk of recurrence/secondary cancer or chronic disease
- How to identify, treat and prevent emotional and physical issues
Your physician can refer you to the program. The visit should be scheduled within three months of completion of treatment.