At UCHealth Cancer Center, a service of Poudre Valley Hospital, patients visit with multiple specialists in one room during one appointment. These seamless connections promote personalized treatment strategies managed by a single point of contact from diagnosis to survivorship.
Our clinical services
The center will provide access to:
- Clinical research
- Infusion center
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
Treating the whole person
At UCHealth Cancer Center in Fort Collins, we are devoted to the diagnosis, care and treatment of patients. Our mission it to provide the highest level of cancer care, compassion and medical expertise to the patients and families we serve.
Our board-certified doctors and staff work to meet individual health care needs and make the cancer journey as comfortable as possible. Our goal is to help eliminate worry so that you can concentrate on getting well.
In the center, already well-developed programs will better deliver patient navigation, oncology counseling, and research services to patients. Patients undergoing treatment can choose to socialize with peers, have private family time, or enjoy fresh air and mountain views on the second-floor balconies
Whether your medical plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or a combination of other support services, our center is ready to offer expertise and education as a partner in your journey.
We’re here for our patients, individually tailoring treatment plans for patients with solid tumors of the breast, lung, colon, prostate and others.
Our providers welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions and we accept most insurance carriers. We are happy to work with you prior to your visit to ensure that you have the coverage you need.
Breast Multidisciplinary Program
Leaders in breast health.
At the UCHealth Breast Multidisciplinary Program, our caring team of doctors and support professionals works together to develop the best care plan for your patients, staying with them from initial appointment through treatment and aftercare.
- Our multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer involves an array of specialists, from medical and radiation oncologists to dieticians and rehab therapists.
- Our state-of-the-art surgical techniques include skin- and nipple-sparing surgery and oncoplastic surgery for breast conservation.
- Our advanced technologies include Varian Truebeam® for pinpoint radiation treatment.
- We offer a range of oncology support services to our patients in northern Colorado.
- UCHealth conducts hundreds of clinical trials (also called “research trials”) in order to discover more effective treatments. Clinical trials are available for many stages of breast cancer and genetic tumor mutations.
To refer your patient for breast care, call 970.237.7700 or fax to 970.493.3528.
Oncology support services
We design our cancer support services to help prevent or lessen the side effects caused by cancer treatments, and to help cancer patients handle the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual challenges they encounter.
Among our supportive services:
- Complementary therapies such as massage and acupuncture
- Counseling/oncology social work
- Financial counseling
- Genetic counseling
- Healing garden
- Nutrition counseling
- Patient navigation
- Physical rehabilitation
- Spiritual care
Innovation and research
UCHealth enhances services to cancer patients by strengthening the ongoing partnership between community and academic physicians. Specifically, the affiliation will expand research access for patients, building on over a decade of partnership with UCHealth University of Colorado Cancer Center, Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center.