Our Clinical Research group brings innovative cancer research to our region so that people affected by cancer can participate in clinical trials close to home.
Local access, global impact
From partnerships with the National Cancer Institute, to industry-sponsored studies, to Colorado State University, we offer patients a wide array of cancer clinical trial options. The American College of Surgeons-Commission on Cancer recognized our Clinical Research for excellence as part of the Outstanding Achievement Award given to the PVH Cancer network in 2009. View the results of a 2011 Quality Study as part of ACOS-COC accreditation requirements.
Dr. Robert Marschke discusses innovative cancer trials focused on advancing cancer treatment, early detection, prevention, and symptom management.
Clinical trials provide the global network to discover improved ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. While typically cancer researchers design and approve trials at the national level, the majority of patient participation in clinical trials happens here, at the local level.
Please review our current available clinical trials below. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of all of our open clinical trials. Call 970-237-7700 to get more information.
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Control and Prevention
- Gastrointestinal Cancer (colon, rectal, esophageal, ge junction, gastric cardia, and pancreatic)
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Head and Neck, Melanoma and Sarcoma
- Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood-related studies
- Lung Cancer
- Phase 1 Studies
Oncology clinical research team
A team of 13 clinical research nurses and associates, led by Oncology Research Medical Director Robert Marschke, support local access to clinical trials by:
- Explaining clinical trials and supporting patients’ decisions around participation.
- Screening, consenting and enrolling interested patients.
- Coordinating clinical trial patient care with Poudre Valley Cancer Network physicians.
The PVH Oncology Clinical Research Department has sustained a 6-8% clinical trials enrollment rate, as compared to the 2-4% national average. This is significant, because low clinical trials accrual slows progress in cancer research nationwide and globally.
The mission of Poudre Valley Cancer Network’s Oncology Clinical Research is:
- To provide local access to innovative cancer clinical trials with personalized, compassionate and expert patient care.
- To contribute to finding a cure for cancer through the collection of accurate research data and clinical trials conduct of the highest standard.