Being diagnosed with a brain or spinal tumor can be emotionally difficult. We provide specialized clinic options while providing comprehensive support to you and your family.
Neuro multidisciplinary clinic
Patients diagnosed with a brain or spine tumor are able to see all of our dedicated neurologic specialists involved in their care during one convenient visit.
The Neuro multidisciplinary clinic is held weekly at our comprehensive cancer center located at the Anschutz Medical Campus. Our target patient for this clinic is the newly diagnosed patient, or a patient with recurrent brain cancer or tumor.
At this clinic you have a unique opportunity to talk with ALL of your providers and physicians in the same setting. We will work with you from the moment of diagnosis through the implementation and completion of a uniquely designed treatment plan. We want you to feel absolutely confident that we are providing you with the best treatment options available, options that are designed specifically for you.
Our clinic’s collaborative team includes:
- Neuro-oncologists (Anschutz Medical Campus only)
- Radiation oncologists
- Neuropathologists (Anschutz Medical Campus only)
- Nurse practitioners & physician assistants
- Registered dietician
- Social worker
- Clinical research coordinator
- Oncology nurse navigator
- Clinic registered nurse
Conditions we treat
- Astrocytoma I-IV
- Oligodendroglioma I-III
- Astrocytoma I-IV
- Spinal cord tumors
- Vestibular schwannomas
- Central nervous system lymphomas
- Metastatic brain cancers
- Acoustic neuroma
- Paraneoplastic syndrome
- Neurological complications of cancer treatment
- Histiocytic disorders (ECD Certified Care Center)
- Tuberous sclerosis
We provide highly specialized treatment options, customized for each patient’s individual tumor and needs, while providing comprehensive support to you and your family. These include:
- Monthly Brain Tumor Support Group with a licensed psychologist and Neurologic Oncology Clinic registered nurse
- Cancer Center dedicated psychologists & clinical social workers
- Oncology-certified nurse navigators
- Financial support counseling
- Neuropsychometric testing
Our clinic also conducts and participates in clinical trials aimed at improving the outcomes for our brain and spine tumor patients.