Physical and occupational therapy can stop your pain and help you get on with your life.
Whether an injury requires surgery or simply a specific exercise program, the physicians at Steadman Hawkins Clinic – Denver understand the importance of rehabilitation to the recovery process. That’s why we offer world-class physical and occupational therapy conveniently located at our Englewood location.
Our exceptional therapists understand the unique needs of each patient and athlete. They work with the finest athletes in the world, non-athletes and everyone in between. Collaborating with our physicians, our therapists utilize an evidence-based multidisciplinary treatment approach to correct biomechanical faults in joint mobility, muscular strength, flexibility and endurance.
Their programs blend a balance of manual therapy and exercises intended to build strength, endurance, flexibility and overall fitness. With the correct program, our patients are often able to return to their sport or their preferred activity without having surgery!
Our service specialties
Our therapists are experts at treating all orthopedic and sports injuries, and they have pursued extensive post-graduate education and/or certification in the following areas:
- Sports and orthopedic rehabilitation
- Hand and wrist therapy – Certified Hand Therapists
- Manual techniques
- Range of motion, strength and flexibility
- Wound care
- Ergonomic recommendations
- Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Spine care – joint mobilization, manipulation and spinal stabilization
- Advanced manual techniques – dry needling, cupping and instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Sports performance and personal training – individual and group
- Physimax – biomechanical movement screening – on and off-site for individuals and teams
- Massage/myofascial release
- Functional movement screening
- ACL – injury prevention programming
- “Shoulder Safe” program for throwing athletes and swimmers
- Ski conditioning programs
- Pilates-based core programs
- Athletic training event coverage
Not only is the patient-physician-therapist model more convenient for our patients, it allows our doctors and therapists to work together and maintain continuity of care at all phases of the rehabilitation process. Using their superior clinical skills, our experienced therapists will create a customized rehabilitation program to help you achieve a full recovery as quickly and safely as possible.