Physical and occupational therapy can stop your pain and help you get on with your life.
Whether an injury requires surgery or simply a specific exercise program, the physicians at Steadman Hawkins Clinic – Denver understand the importance of rehabilitation to the recovery process. That’s why we offer world-class physical and occupational therapy conveniently located at our Inverness location.
Our exceptional therapists understand the unique needs of each patient and athlete. They work with the finest athletes in the world, non-athletes and everyone in between. Collaborating with our physicians, our therapists utilize an evidence-based multidisciplinary treatment approach to correct biomechanical faults in joint mobility, muscular strength, flexibility and endurance.
Their programs blend a balance of manual therapy and exercises intended to build strength, endurance, flexibility and overall fitness. With the correct program, our patients are often able to return to their sport or their preferred activity without having surgery!
Our patient-physician-therapist model allows our physicians and therapists to work together and maintain continuity of care at all phases of the rehabilitation process. This offers our patients conveniences while providing high quality care. Using their superior clinical skills along with evidenced-based practices our experienced therapists will create a customized rehabilitation program to help you achieve a full recovery as quickly and safely as possible.
Our therapists are board certified clinical specialists in sports and orthopedic physical therapy, and treat in the following areas:
- Ankle and feet
- Hand and wrist therapy
- ACL – injury prevention programming.
- Advanced manual techniques: dry needling, myofascial release, cupping and instrument-assisted soft mobilization.
- Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill.
- Athletic training event coverage.
- Blood flow restriction therapy (BFR).
- Dance medicine services and performing arts physical therapy (see more below).
- Ergonomic recommendations.
- Functional movement screening.
- Hand and wrist splinting.
- Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Return to sport testing and training.
- Running/gait analysis.
- Specialized care of overhead athletes.
- Spine care – joint mobilization, manipulation and spinal stabilization.
- Sports performance/strength & conditioning.