Are you an avid basketball player? Learn techniques to prevent Achilles tendon, knee and ankle injuries with Dr. Michelle Wolcott to ensure that you don’t get sidelined by injury.
Main things to consider when getting ready to head out on the court:
- Preparation is key. Proper training, strengthening and stretching will help keep you playing at your best.
- Work on eccentric exercises to avoid tendon and muscle tears during rapid contractions.
- Utilize proprioceptive training to activate and build stabilizing muscles.
- Leverage perturbation to improve reaction times and increase balance while throwing and catching the ball.
- Take time to cool down and give sore or injured areas time to recover.