UCHealth Healthy Kids Run Series kicks off on Saturday, May 31 with the Fire Hydrant 5 at Edora Park in Fort Collins. Registration starts April 1.
The 16th Annual Run Series offers kids ages 5-12 the opportunity to participate in eight, free 1-mile fun runs that typically follow or precede an existing community race. Participants get a punch card when they register to keep track of each run; prizes are awarded to kids who run four or more races. Over 1,500 kids participated in the 2013 Series.
Healthy Kids Club also offers a Fit.Teen Run Series for teens ages 13-18. Teens are invited to participate in the series which includes eight 5K runs. Participants earn prizes for completing four or more races. All of the participating races have agreed to a discounted $10 registration fee for Fit.Teen participants.
The eight runs are spread throughout northern Colorado, they include:
- Fire Hydrant 5, Saturday, May 31, Edora Park, Fort Collins
- Father’s Day 5K, Sunday, June 15, Downtown Fort Collins
- Human Race, Saturday, July 26, Civic Center Park, Fort Collins
- Peach Festival 5K, Saturday, Aug. 23, Hughes Stadium, Fort Collins
- Berthoud Family Fun Run, Sunday, Sept. 7, Berthoud Town Park
- Be Great 5K, Saturday, Sept. 20, Jerry Pawl Boys and Girls Club, Greeley
- Halloween Hustle, Saturday, Oct. 11, Centerra, Loveland
- Homecoming Run, Oct. 18, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
The Run Series ends with the Healthy Kids Halloween Hustle at Centerra. There is a separate fee for the Halloween Hustle, and anyone can participate. The Hustle ends with festive, Halloween-themed activities near the beautiful natural area at Centerra’s Rangeview Office Campus.
The Run Series is a free way to keep the whole family active all summer long. Parents are encouraged to run with their kids and cheer them on.
For more information and to register, go to healthykidsclub.org
About UCHealth’s Healthy Kids Club
Healthy Kids Club is a community health program, sponsored by UCHealth, to promote health and wellness in elementary schools. Since its founding in 1998, Healthy Kids Club has served thousands of elementary-age children with programs that emphasize health, exercise, safety and fun. Healthy Kids Club partners with schools and agencies that serve youth in Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, Greeley and surrounding communities, to provide year-round health and fitness activities and programs.