As an advanced practice nurse, my ethical and professional obligations will coincide with the American Nurses Association’s Code of Ethics. I believe that each patient should be treated as an individual. A patient’s wishes should come first, and therefore, each individual should be considered a partner in their own care. Keeping patients well informed and well educated before making a decision regarding health is vital. I will look to having my patients become a partner in their own care, and be able to gain control and understanding of their own health and well-being. Although nursing may be viewed as a science that utilizes both a nursing model of care and medical model of care, there are aspects that are not scientific. A large part of nursing “comes from within the nurse”, such as treating patients with respect and dignity and acting with empathy. In this way, an advanced practice nurse interfaces with society by providing care with compassion, recognizing the importance of both physical and mental well-being, customizing care to respect the individual’s beliefs, and striving to educate patients on health maintenance and disease prevention that will promote quality living throughout the community.
In my free time, I enjoy skiing, traveling, gardening and spending time with my family. I am married with two children and two dogs. We enjoy living in Old Town Fort Collins.
Qualifications and experience
- Languages spoken
Colorado State University (1993)
Regis University (1995)
Master of Science, specialization Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Maryville University (2018)
- Clinical interest for patients
• Celiac disease
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Liver disease
• Digestive issues/concerns
• Colon cancer
- Research interest for patients
• The rise of colon cancer in younger adults
• The rise of liver disease and deaths related to cirrhosis
• The connection between anxiety, stress, mental health and digestive/gut issues
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.